Thread: Was Taking Twice Daily 500 mg of Metformin Now Taking ER Metformin Once A Day ,

Was Taking Twice Daily 500 mg of Metformin Now Taking ER Metformin Once A Day ,

I have been taking metformin 500 mg twice daily. My blood sugar has gone down so the doctor put me on one dose of extended release 500 mg a day .My blood sugar is still low. but I have been on two doses a day for over two months..Will I get withdrawal from this? I have been feeling weird and off today and I stopped the second dose for the first time yesterday.. Would that be withdrawal or just anxiety?please help

Re: Was Taking Twice Daily 500 mg of Metformin Now Taking ER Metformin Once A Day ,

Its possible, but unless you have experience of this medication & diabetes, its going to be hard to say. Its something a doctor or pharmacist could answer though so perhaps its worth trying them?

Did you only start your timed release today? If so, maybe it will need a short adjustment period with missing last nights dose?

Thread Information