Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: pregabalin started

Re: pregabalin started

Hi Paul (Sober2000),

Good to hear you have had some more upbeat days, and sorry to hear that there was a down one. I hope it passes quickly. Do experiment with dose levels and times when you take pregabalin - it can make a big difference in conjunction with natural body rhythms.

Hello

Thought that I would update on progress. Taking 200mg after breakfast and 100mg after evening meal. Not sure if I am making any progress on Pregablin. Feel stoned from late morning and acid reflux is increasing. If I keeps busy I feel ok. Confused by my symptoms and feelings as I feel like I am making progress but then crash today with nausea all afternoon. Seems I can handle stressful situations like selling my car to some guy who answers an advert and then the following day buying a replacement car and haggling with the salesman and then doing the deal. Felt great and filled both days with activity. Felt like pregabalin was doing something under the bonnet. Then today woke feeling ok but then when driving to see my football team in a big game, nausea started to build!? Did not feel anxious just pumped up for the game. We won got promoted felt happy but still sickly. Will take 200mg on an evening soon but if no improvement within 1 week then sadly goodbye to Pregablin. Venaflaxine or fluoxetine next??

Hi Paul hope you are getting a bit better. I see my consultant tomorrow amd not sure where it'll go. Agitation really becoming an issue. Shouting and swearing at family not good once I start it's like a runaway train.
    All u know is I cannot keep this level of anger and aggressive behaviour. My eldest who has severe ocd is getting the brunt of it.
    oh and the apathy not making for a very productive Paul.

Ah well, onwards and upwards they say.
    hope everyone doing better.
    Paul

Sad to hear that you are struggling Paul. I can't offer any experience with agitation and anger as I am quite calm. Pregabalin has not changed this. I am now taking 200mg before bed to see if that helps with morning anxious symptoms. I do feel slightly better with this approach . Feel like pregabalin takes several hours to take effect especially when taken with food so perhaps taking on evening means a more restful sleep and less anxious morning. I do feel more comfortable when waking and find it easier to stay in bed and go back to sleep which has not happened for years. I am considering increasing to 300mg before bed. Hoping Hanshan can offer some wisdom on this as I know he takes his entire dose before bed. Hope you have a constructive session with your consultant. From what I have read it is rare for anxiety to be eased on doses less than 300mg so if you can tolerate it keep going and increasing dose. However you know your mind-body . Let us know how you get on.

That's great you're getting a bit of respite Paul
    My head is all over the place again, thinking what to do next.
    Ah! the joys of mental ilness.

Hello Paul. Symptoms still build over the morning. Having more situations where I feel panic. I am on a train at the moment and after having a brief dizzy spell before boarding now feel light headed and so tired. Felt panicky feeling as I got on train so closed my eyes and concentrated on my breathing which helped. Not sure if using pregabalin and panic feelings are connected but did not feel like this beforehand. At least I am now recognising my symptoms and feelings more now just wish that the meduc community would spend some time looking at me rather than throwing me a packet of drugs. Sometimes feel that having a diagnosis of stress, depression or anxiety is a convenient diagnosis for primary health medics as it gives them an excuse to ignore the patient. I have real stress on a daily basis with my son descending into an anxious shadow of his former self. Long for the day where we are both happy again. Love to you all

I feel your pain my friend. We'll get there

Hello all

Fear that I am going the same way as Paul. After a good day yesterday, today I have felt anxious and generally unwell. Lot going on in my life with my son and his OCD illness becoming worse. I seemed to have dealt with this situation quite well up until now but today big backward step. Not sure that Pregabalin is helping with my anxiety at all and if anything I think I am worse for starting it. Maybe Pregabalin is useful for relieving background / GAD type anxiety but not for real life stressful situations that anybody would feel anxious about. Think this is the way it is described by a few experienced members on here. Surely after 4 weeks and within this 10 days on 300mg I would feel some lasting benefit and calm? Will take 200mg tonight before bed as I have for last 5 days but if tomorrow shows no benefit then back to the drawing board for me also.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information