Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: pregabalin started

Re: pregabalin started

Start 75 mg tomorrow. Mixed feelings about going up as starting to get nausea and headache a bit.
    How's everyone?
    Peace and serenity, Paul

Day 8.
    Up at 4am - ibs going bonkers. Nausea starting to getA on nerves a bit. Also give tract issues becoming a pain. Oh and daily Headaches.
    Suppose to be on 75 mg today. Starting to have 2nd thoughts. Any encouragement greatly appreciated.
    Take care,
    Paul

Day 8 is still early. Give it three to four weeks to settle in.

Thanks again hanshan, just took my 2nd 25mg tab and third will follow this evening. Feeling better than this morning.
    Take care

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

really starting to struggle now hope this starts to subside soon as my head is just telling i am not for medication. this is med no 10 in 3.5 yrs so starting to get a bit despondent .

please, please hope this works.

Sorry for poor me but just sharing my journey.

take care,

Paul

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

calming down a bit now

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Keep going Paul

In the past I have felt euphoric, and literally 10 minutes later wanting to kill someone (not really kill, but you know what I mean) Its an odd medication, but it does work after a while. Your dose is pretty low. I am taking 150mg in the morning and another at night. I feel pretty anxious lately, but it will settle. I do strongly believe that after a while, another medication should be added, like a proper antidepressant if symptoms are anxiety and depression. I will get onto sertraline again at some point, but not yet ready for it.

I get various problems with this medication and its my fourth attempt with them, I have had some amazing panic attacks in the past week or so, but deep down I know I am generally better on them than off them, so I have promised myself I will keep taking them, and told the other half to not let me stop them either unless things take a serious turn for the worst.

Good luck, keep trying and give them a good chance

Combining pregabalin with an antidepressant is a possibility, but it's probably best just to keep on pregabalin alone for the moment and give it a few weeks to settle.

Many of the people posting to NMP are anxious about taking new medications, which can exacerbate side effects, or create anxiety symptoms just by taking something. Mostly, any side effects are temporary, so stay with it, and in a week or two you will be able to decide whether or not it is making a difference.

What is pregrablin for? Curious....

HB xx

Hi HunniBee,

Pregabalin is licensed in the UK for the treatment of Generalised Anxiety disorder.

It reduces the release of excitatory neurotransmitters, and is also to stop certain kinds of nerve pain and as an anticonvulsant.

Hi,

Is it any better than Venlaflaxine?

HB xx

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information