Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie needs help

Newbie needs help

Hi. I joined this forum today, and thought I could do with a chat to people who have the same or similar. I have had panic attacks now for 7 years, due to divorce, moving home, new relationship, being intimidated by a certain person, etc etc. I have had the therapy, tablets, the whole tests at the hospital thing, thinking I was dying or had a really bad illness. (get the picture?) I always have panic attacks when I go to the shops, flying is terrible. Anyhow, after a while of doing a bit OK, it all crept back just before Xmas. I stopped smoking, was on a diet, got a new puppy, (thats 2 Weimaraners ans a yorkie now, so I brought That one on myself) and started Prostap injections for a gyne condition, which would put me through a clinical menopause, all in the same month. PHEW>>>
    Well, this time, I cant shake it off. I also got VERY depressed this time, and I got that bad I was desperate. I have been on sick from work a month, I am a landlady at a very big and busy place.
    I think the depression came from all the above, stopping the fags, new pup, and more than anything, the induced menopause. I am taking citalapram 40mg daily, and another 40mg if I feel panic coming, and 2mg diazapam, as I cant sleep. Does anyone think it will pass. Thanks for reading

Hi Sue

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great help and support while making new friends on the way.
    Take a look at the first step pages Sue, im sure they will be of help also.

First Steps:
    First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

We have alot of success storys here on NMP, Im sure you can beat it too.

love

Andrea
    xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Hi Andrea, and thanks for replying. I will be reading the pages you advised. And I hope you are well today. I dont feel so good today, can you tell me if the tablets should take away all feelings of depression and panic, because I keep getting these feelings in "waves" through my body. I thought I would be feeling better by now, been on them a month. And I am due to start back at work this Tuesday, would you reccomend it, trying to get back into the routine of things, or is it too soon. Thanks

Hi Sue

It can take up to 8 weeks before you start to feel the benefits of medication, i take medication also, they do help take the edge off things and the panic is not as severe.
    I think what worked best for me with the medication is trying to distract myself when the panic appears, also breathing exercises help too.
    When i was at my worst i found been at home off work didnt help, and once returning to work i did improve as i wasnt sat at home dwelling on things. Maybe it would be a good idea if you are returning to work just start doing a few hours a week and see how things go.

I wish you luck Sue, dont forget the first step pages, theres definatley some useful information that will help.

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Hi Sue,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

Hi Sue and welcome

Please have belief that you will recover from this. We progress at different speeds. It can be difficult, but I do hope the meds can at least get you back in the land of the living again.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi Sue

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Maybe going back to work will give you some distraction from the everyday symptoms and anxiety. Why not give it a try and see how it goes?

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Hi Sue,

Welcome to the site, i'm sure you'll find it helps a lot.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

Hi all and many thanks for taking the time to answer me. I will try get on this web site daily, and I hope to help you out there too. So, happy weekend, and I will try going back to work on Wednesday. After all, I only have to open a door, walk down 14 steps, and I am behind my bars. So its not like I have to think about driving, parking, or worst of horrors, catching a bus......

elo Sue,

A big welcome to the site...ye will b grand here..great support n good advice and always an ear ta listen to ye...ye will make sum great friends here dat totally understand..glad ta hav ye on board..x

Take care,
    Lin xxx

"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information