Thread: Citalopram Withdrawal

Citalopram Withdrawal

Hi all,

I had been on a 30mg dose of Citalopram for two years. My doc decided to take me off them so I took 20mg for a week, then 10mg for a week and now had 0mg for over a week.

I know the brain zaps/head freeze is a common symptom but did/does anyone else get a complete numb feeling in their entire body? When I get one of the head zaps my face/hands/legs/feet go numb.........

And it's now starting to worry me.

Re: Citalopram Withdrawal

Hi,

I'm currently in a similar place to you. I was on 20mg for a year and dropped to 10mg for 2 weeks, then 10mg every other day and took my last dose about a week ago.

I'm ticking off each withdrawal symptom as they come and I've definitely been feeling numb. I think the zaps manifest differently for everyone though. For me it feels like it causes a palpitation and the sensation goes through my entire body. Really strange.

I think it's useful to know someone who's also going through a similar thing so if you want to share anymore of your experiences then happy to chat

Something I have noticed in the last 2 days is a general low mood feeling/irritability/general anxious feeling. Nothing too major but it does worry me that anxiety might return even though I'm pretty sure this is also a withdrawal symptom. Not sure how long it will all last. I'm pretty determined to continue without starting the meds again though.

Re: Citalopram Withdrawal

Thanks.

These brain zaps are starting to get me down now. They seem constant everytime I move my eyes. It's horrible.

Thread Information