Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Increase in Ven?

Re: Increase in Ven?

Hey Nic,

I'm guessing tomorrow....1 x 75mg in the morning then the 37.5mg at night plus I've still got my 30mg Mirtazipine that I take at night but he didn't want to increase that as well in case it makes me a bit foggy in the morning.

Good thing was that he said about having regular check ups every month to see how I'm getting on which should surely be the norm anyways?

I'm hoping this helps plus my appointment with the CBT/Hypnotherisist lady Thursday.

Once and for all I will beat this!

HB xx

Hi hun, yes it's good your having regular check ups, you def should when starting or increasing any meds,ddon't worry if your anxiety increases slightly with the increase as it'll just be the side effects, it won't last too long XX

Thanks Nic!

Bloody parents started arguing earlier....set off a bit of a panic, now I'm finding anxiety when I'm going home which is never a good thing!

What happened to a normal life?!

HB xx

Normal?? What's that lol? When my anxiety is bad I always find myself shaking if anyone's arguing, like my son's dad, he's a total arse but I can hold my own with him but when I was feeling particularly anxious and panicky any argument with him would lead me afterwards to be a nervous quivering wreck which isn't me at all :( when we're like this we're over sensitised, i can't stand any noise or anything if I'm panicky, it sends me crazy even more!! I can't even have the TV on, it has to be totally quiet! Oh what I'd give to be totally normal again ha! XX

Well took my first 75mg and I felt odd and panicky but that seems to have settled this morning
    Feel a bit numb though if that makes sense?

HB xx

Hi hun, well done on your increase, i think sometimes we look for the side effects, i felt quite numb when I increased recently actually I was so pleased that I managed to cry my eyes out at a film at the weekend as I was panicking a bit that I felt too numb!! XX

Hey Nic,

Sorry for the late reply!

I spoke too soon and although that day was good the evening wasn't and today has been hell! The doc has prescribed me propranlol to ease the anxiety which may be heightened from my increase so we shall see how that goes!

HB xx

Hi hun, i last increased my ven in Jan and unfortunately I got heightened anxiety too, it's bloody horrible but I persevered and I'm so glad I did as I nearly threw the towel in many times I felt so awful so try and stick with it and I hope the propranolol helps but if not don't be afraid to ask your Gp for some Diazepam to help you thro the side effects, they were a godsend to me and are regularly prescribed and used when a starting or increasing an AD for a short while XX

Thanks Nic!

See I'm not too sure if it's my general anxiety getting worse or if it's the increase making me more anxious. It just makes me feel that I'm unable to function and I just want to hide away all day in bed an not move. It's sometimes unbearable. Did you find this? I did take a look at your posts and it seems you did.

I can't take Diazepam as it really made me ten times worse last time I took it, racing heart, constant anxiety etc and it's what I overdosed on so it doesn't bring back good memories!!

The Propranlol worked last night so I'm hoping it does today too!!

HB xx

Hi HunniBee,

I think I mentioned this on your thread on the GAD board but if not, I too had unbearable anxiety when increasing Duloxetine which is also an SRNI.

Some people experience a paradoxical effect on medication (I think thats what its called, hanshan mentioned it on the Pregabalin board) where something like Diazepam or Zopiclone produces the opposite effect. I had this too on Diazapam at 5mg after being on it for about a week so I stopped. I did take 2mg upon waking years later to counter the last 2 days I had trouble going up on Duloxetine and it did help, so the paradoxical effect isn't something that will always repeat.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 10-04-15 at 09:16.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information