Thread: I am new to this forum and new to health anxiety.

I am new to this forum and new to health anxiety.

Nearly two months ago I played around with some recreational drugs, ecstacy and a small amount of methadrone. Whilst on these drugs I took a panic attack and went to the hospital as I didn't know what was happening. They restored me back to normal after an over night stay and I was free to go home. The preceeding weeks left me hopeless with fear and anxiety of my heart stopping or having a heart attack. Since then everytime I have a tiny abnormality in my chest wall I go into a panic, it's since died down A BIT. I have had 10-12 ECG's, 7-8 blood tests and an x ray to check for any damage. I appear to have been lucky as they have all came back normal. The doctor then put me on propanolol unfortunately this drug impaired my vision and made me light headed which aggrivated my anxiety. I have come off propanolol today and am starting on sertraline, an anti-depressant. I have not touched any recreational drugs since and never will again. I had played about 6-7 times before hand. I am 20 years old and I have well and truly learnt my lesson. Some of my symptoms of an anxiety are chest pains, light headed, feeling nauseas, really fidgity especially with my hair, hyperventilating, twitchy eyelid, phobia of excercise (heart racing), palpitations. Are these normal? I hope to meet some people who share the same symptoms and story as me.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya colinmckee2 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: I am new to this forum and new to health anxiety.

Hi Colin... I suffer from panic attacks , not so much health anxiety, but have been using sertraline for a while with some success I think... Hope it all goes well for you and feel free to contact me if you want to chat...

Re: I am new to this forum and new to health anxiety.

Hi.
    I. Also started having panick and anxiety attacks since I used drugs after that my life's been so different, as the same with yourself even when my heart rate goes 100 or 120 I think it's heart related even a slight pain in my chest or anything. I've also had numerous ecg and blood tests all come back healthy

Thread Information