Thread: really scared-period type pains start after a long period

really scared-period type pains start after a long period

Hi ladies,
    I am having some really bad time at the moment and if you can relate at all to my post please please reply as I am going out of my mind.
    I am on holiday as well, can tell you it is not much of a holiday because of this! I am panicking cause I got 6 more days here and cant see a doctor.
    Basically I started my period a bit after I expected it about 3 weeks ago. It was pretty normal just a bit lighter than usual however it just mept going and going two weeks after and at that point I went to the doctor. She said this was normal on my pill and that is it. Another important information is that I have been on Cerazette for about 5 years now, and I might have missed one or two around the time of this period. And also towards end the period I ran out of cerazette and was given cerelle which is supposed to be the same but I have heard people respond differently to different brands of same drug. Just over 2 weeks after starting bleeding has stopped but now I got awful period pains which are driving me insane. It hurts as if I had full blown period and maybe slightly weirder than that but the bleeding is gone. I had a bit of brownish discharge which now turned to yellowish occassionally. I have also been worried i got UTI because at times I feel like I need more wee and what if I am not treating it! I am so panicked and confused, I even wish I would start bleeding again so I know why I feel the pain at least.

Any advice is very welcome!!

Re: really scared-period type pains start after a long period

Anyone?

I just spent 2 hours in belgian ER and all I found out was that I do not have urinary infection, might be in need of a bowel clense and should see MY gyneacologist from Monday. If you can believe it I was praying i had a UTI so it can explain my symptoms, get some ABs and stop worrying! So if I wasnt feeling like crying I would probably laugh about the bowel movement comment which I cannot imagine would make me feel this particular pain and even more about seeing my gyno! I told him I live in England, I don't have a gyno and even if I get to see one it would certainly not be anytime soon after Monday. More like weeks after if lucky.
    I can feel the heavy dull ache in my ovaries and really low in pelvis and lower back and I am so scared... what is wrong with me!!

Hey Millie, don't worry. It must be so frustrating being on holiday and not knowing what's wrong with you but you've got to trust that, if it was anything serious, the Belgian docs would pick up on it straight away. I've had similar(ish) symptoms before and it turned out to be bacterial vaginitis. A few days of ABs and I was totally fine... Hope you're okay...

Thanks so much for replying!!!

They would have picked up anything acute but not a gyno problem. And reading on pelvic pain I can see one particular one giving me cold shivers! OC... I do get bloated but I have been getting bloated since I can remember, I lost some weight but I have actually been working on losing it...but in this state of mind it is hard to reason.
    Maybe I should see a gyno here, it is so easy to see one but then my husband would be p***** off with me, be wont understand why I dont just go to doctors when we get back and he will say we should just go back...
    I took ibuprofen but the ache is still there, just the constant dull pain has changed to waves of cramps that make me want to curl up like when you got bad period...and lower back pain too... i wish i could believe cerazette/cerelle or swapping the brand could cause this and not sonething sinister..

How r you doing how did u get on x

Thread Information