Thread: Dating now my anxiety is going crazy .

Dating now my anxiety is going crazy .

so basically met this girl off a dating site went on a couple of dates everything was going really well, shared alot of interests I understood from the start she wasnt a girl that sits on her phone as she took best part of a day too reply. I like to add by the third date we messed around in the bedroom. Now this is where im lost i always seem to be making the effort setting up dates etc , she went on holiday for a long weekend to see an old friend and i know she has alot on her plate at the min , her gran is really poorly etc etc . I said we should do something when she gets bk she agreed , yet a full week passes no txt nothing i know shes been online and on her phone , then out of the blue i get this txt " hey dude hows things what you up to? my hol was amazing .......had loads to do when i got back hope your well x ". I am lost i figured she wasnt interested i beat myself up over it and started over thinking the whole dates we had been on . Am i over-thinking the whole situation ?

Re: Dating now my anxiety is going crazy .

She has contacted you. That's got to be a positive sign. I'd just reply and see where it goes.

Well thats what im thinking , was she waiting for me to contact her after she got back maybe ? ill just reply tomorr i dont want to come across too needy and as if im sat around waiting for her to txt .

Sounds like she's playing a little hard-to-get. I know that not everyone likes playing games like that but I would say that you should try and play things cool (easier said than done - I know). Text her back with some casual chat, leave things a couple of days, and then ask her out again. Just remember, she must be interested otherwise she wouldn't have gotten in touch...

Quote Originally Posted by BlindPanic View Post
    Sounds like she's playing a little hard-to-get. I know that not everyone likes playing games like that but I would say that you should try and play things cool (easier said than done - I know). Text her back with some casual chat, leave things a couple of days, and then ask her out again. Just remember, she must be interested otherwise she wouldn't have gotten in touch...
    Thanks yeah your right she has gotten in touch that's a good sign right , maybe ill just play it casual , if i do get another date or too hang out would it be out of line if i basically asked her if it was going anywhere i dont want too give it my all and waste my time as horrible as that sounds

The very beginning of a dating relationship can be riddled with uncertainty. I wasn't sure that my last relationship was an actual relationship until a few weeks in. Take it easy, take it slow If ya like her, hopefully she'll want the same things as you. If not, there's other girls and you'll get over her. Good luck!

It sounds to me like maybe she sees it as a casual thing at this stage. If its going to happen, it will change as you see more of each other, its early days.

If she wan't interested, she wouldn't bother contacting you again.

Thread Information