Thread: Swollen Lymph nodes---anxiety :(

Unhappy Swollen Lymph nodes---anxiety :(

Hello, I´m new to the forum.
    Sorry about my english it's not very good specially writing....
    So, Dezember before christmas I've fellt a little swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck. I didn't worried about it because I'm always with a persinstent dandruff and at that time i've had a skin allergie for one week. In January I went to the doctor about this node but he seemed not to worry and said it was because I was having gengivitis.OK, this node did shrink but not disappeared.

In February I've felt another one on the left side, and then i went to another doctor who sent me to CBC and ultrasound. CBC was normal except that showed I've had Cytomegalovirus once in my life but it wasn't active in my body. The ultrasound showed two lymph nodes 2,6 x 0,6 and 2,3 x 0,9 in both sides jugulo digastric chain, both normal and no signs of malignancy. So my doctor said me to don't touch and wait that they are normal.

This all was 5 weeks ago and they still there a little smaller or the same size(I don't know ). I also had a Chest X ray normal, bur I'm sick worried about this nodes and i keep touching them and finding some very little ones around my neck(that probably was already there ) :(.

Have anyone experience something like this that turn out to be nothing?

Re: Swollen Lymph nodes---anxiety :(

You've said it yourself. The nodes are normal and have no signs of malignancy. You've been checked very very thoroughly and there has been NOTHING FOUND. You're a perfectly healthy person who just so happens to have lymph nodes that are a bit more prominent than most.

Everyone has small nodes, particularly in the neck and groin area, that would become apparent if they went searching for them. I can feel a whole host of them round my collarbone, they've been there for years and no, I'm not in the least bit concerned about them.

Stop worrying about this, you've been checked out and you are absolutely fine.

Thanks for your reply ! I keep checking no them and asking dr. Google about it, and there always something I find online that keeps me worried . I'll try stop think about it.

Why are you asking "Dr Google" when a few real life doctors have told you that you're absolutely fine? You're doing this to yourself you know.

Thread Information