Thread: Als- so scared please please help

Als- so scared please please help

Hi guys,

I am desperate, I need reassurance.... I have twitching, cramping and perceived weakness (my muscles quickly tire - or so it seems)

I am so scared that I have als, the only thing that helps me feel better is that I am 23.... other than that... I very well have every symptom...

I don't know what to do or where to turn... I feel alone and upset everyday...

Re: Als- so scared please please help

lilly, those symptoms you described are all symptoms of anxiety, as well. ALS is extremely rare. i doubt you have that. only a doctor can tell you for sure. have you been to the doc about the anxiety, yet?

Hi
    Thank you for your kind words. I have seen three doctors but they don't seem to think its serious. I have a neurologist appointment in a month. What worries me is my symptoms are getting worse and worse... It feels like something is actually wrong. I hope you are right though.... Just feeling rather hopeless at this point

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

If anyone can relate to my symptoms.. that would be really helpful...

hi, lilly, i hope you are feeling better, today. if those three docs don't think you have anything serious, then you probably are just fine. try to draw some hope and strength from that. also, try to remember that worrying about something is not going to make it better. it will, however, make you feel worse. i understand that it is not easy to quit worrying and health anxiety is what caused my first panic attack and set everything in motion for me. i've just learned to look at the big picture. what will be will be and i can't control everything. please don't feel hopeless; there is always hope. you will not always feel this way and one day soon you will start to feel better, probably after you see the neurologist and he lets you know that everything is okay.

Thread Information