Thread: seroxat withdrawal

seroxat withdrawal

having been on seroxat for 17 years, my psychiatrist decided we should stop and try a different drug as I was starting to have a few blips.
    i haven't taken any seroxat now for 15 days now and I feel awful. I can't sleep, feel nauseous, being sick, dizzy, really tired, suicidal thoughts, irritable, restless, so hell really. im not going to give in and go back on it and the amount of posts and websites I have found reassure me that these symptoms are normal. but can someone please tell me how long these side effects can last!?

Re: seroxat withdrawal

Hi
    Is he not cross tapering you with another med?
    It seems a lot to ask to just bring you off Seroxat without any other med to help.

Well April you are right there but what if you don't want to be on anything, Not something I recommend unless you have something else to replace it with like Mindfulness or CBT or both. My preference is CBT only because I know it. I quit celexa cold turkey and don't regret it, but that is me, I had quite a bit of CBT in place already.

sorry, yes i started 20mg of fluoxetine last week, im just not feeling it yet.

Hi, I am new to this site. I am trying to reduce my seroxat/paroxetine and was wondering how you're getting on? I have been on it - differing levels- since 2000 I think so a very long time ...

Do you have have any support (apart from gp) to help you through this?

Thanks

hello. I would say it took me a good 2 weeks to feel ok. I was on 20mg though and was cut straight to 10mg for one week and then nothing. just withdraw as slow as you can and remember whatever you feel, its not you its the withdrawal thats making you feel that way and it does get better.

Quote Originally Posted by atki View Post
    having been on seroxat for 17 years, my psychiatrist decided we should stop and try a different drug as I was starting to have a few blips.
    i haven't taken any seroxat now for 15 days now and I feel awful. I can't sleep, feel nauseous, being sick, dizzy, really tired, suicidal thoughts, irritable, restless, so hell really. im not going to give in and go back on it and the amount of posts and websites I have found reassure me that these symptoms are normal. but can someone please tell me how long these side effects can last!?

You cant just stop taking seroxat. It is famous for side effects.

You are in withdrawal.

If you want to get off of it you have to taper 10% every 4-6 weeks.

I tapered from 20mg-10mg two years ago over a course of 6 months or so. I didnt have any major withdrawal.

I am depressed at the moment so with a heavy heart i have had to go back up to 20mg.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reducedseroxat View Post
    Hi, I am new to this site. I am trying to reduce my seroxat/paroxetine and was wondering how you're getting on? I have been on it - differing levels- since 2000 I think so a very long time ...

Do you have have any support (apart from gp) to help you through this?

Thanks
    My GP never knew about the 10% taper plan.

They would say just cut in it half. This was before they knew about withdrawal.

An old website called paxil progress taught me about the 10% reduction every 4-6 weeks.

It's true ,you can not just stop taking this drug,

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

You cant just stop taking seroxat. It is famous for side effects.

You are in withdrawal.

If you want to get off of it you have to taper 10% every 4-6 weeks.

I tapered from 20mg-10mg two years ago over a course of 6 months or so. I didnt have any major withdrawal.

I am depressed at the moment so with a heavy heart i have had to go back up to 20mg.

You said you didn't have any major withdrawal, but now you are depressed and have gone back up to 20MG.

You could be depressed because you cut the dose, I experienced the same thing ,it took 6 months to kick in after reducing, this drug is evil beyond words, it's playing with your mind and emotions

Quote Originally Posted by atki View Post
    hello. I would say it took me a good 2 weeks to feel ok. I was on 20mg though and was cut straight to 10mg for one week and then nothing. just withdraw as slow as you can and remember whatever you feel, its not you its the withdrawal thats making you feel that way and it does get better.

Hi, Does the withdrawal really go away? I got down to five and then 1 and came off totally last week but I feel as though my original symptoms have returned.The thought of going back on seroxat keeps nagging away at me.

Thread Information