Thread: 75mg Anafranil(Slow Release) + 25mg Clomipramine

75mg Anafranil(Slow Release) + 25mg Clomipramine

Does it make a difference being on 75mg Anafranil (Slow Release) + 25mg Clomipramine as opposed to being on 2 x 50mg Chlomipramine?. Also I upped my dose by 25mg should I be expecting a 'Big Boost'?. It's been exactly 3 weeks since I upped my meds from 75mg to 100mg and I am slightly anxious,Constipated,Have no appetite and I am waking up early and not being able to get back to sleep. These symptoms came on around a week ago apart from the anxiety which is the reason why I upped the dosage. Any advice would be great
    Last edited by scott1uk; 16-04-15 at 18:51.

Re: 75mg Anafranil(Slow Release) + 25mg Clomipramine

I am only on 10 mg clomipramine as I am scared to go up on them but as I don't want to feel worse, but I don't feel calm, so why don't I just try to go up? I am my own worse enemy! Constipation is a big side effect on these. Let me know how you get on! x

Re: 75mg Anafranil(Slow Release) + 25mg Clomipramine

Hi purplepie
    First of all thanks for your reply. I've ended up putting my dosage to 150mg as I've had a terrible couple of months with anxiety. I'm glad to say I feel normal again now but it took around 4 and a half weeks for me to feel the benefit of upping my dosage. Unfortunately I get side effects from the anafranil pretty bad before they kick in I lose my appetite,feel nauseous,disturbed sleep,butterflies, increased anxiety and just generally don't feel well at all. My advice to you if you decide to up your dosage is to get as much help as you can. I went to my gp and she gave me some diazepam and sleeping tablets which helped a lot, it really is a case though of just hanging in there until they kick in. I've read most of the posts on this forum though and it seems everyone is different regarding side effects so you might not get them as bad as me.

Thread Information