Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: paying the price

paying the price

What a fool iv been..done it again !! Went round my family's last night and they suplied the drinks all night..i drank loads and didnt goto bed until 2am then slept on the sofa and woke at 6am and have been awake since then.now my head is killing me and i feel shattered..but worsed of all my anxiety is through the roof.and suffering bad DP and my awareness to everything is very high..dont know why i done it.iv done it a few times.i guess i just dont learn my lesson

Re: paying the price

Oh no alcohol is never a good idea, sounds like you had a long night! All i will say is drink plenty of water, force it down as your body and muscles need re-hydrating

Thanks sam..had about 8 pints of water all day and been trying to relax and just take it easy in front of the tv..not quite as bad now but still anxious and depressed.im going to have a early night tonight with a sleeping pill

Maybe you should tell your family that drinking excessively makes you feel very ill and that you shouldn't have alcohol whilst on strong medication? I'm sure they would only want the best for you and don't realise how badly you will react

Yup - need to tell your folks that the beer makes you bad, Greg. Gotta stay away from it. I hope you have managed to re-hydrate yourself and that you get a good night's kip tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by gregcool View Post
    What a fool iv been..done it again !! Went round my family's last night and they suplied the drinks all night..i drank loads and didnt goto bed until 2am then slept on the sofa and woke at 6am and have been awake since then.now my head is killing me and i feel shattered..but worsed of all my anxiety is through the roof.and suffering bad DP and my awareness to everything is very high..dont know why i done it.iv done it a few times.i guess i just dont learn my lesson
    don't beat yourself up gregcool your only human bloody anxiety its awful it robs us of just normal things in life lots of people enjoy a drink ,so do we from time to time but god we pay for it ,sounds like you needed a duvet day

gregcool, not judging at all, but I have seen you post a similar thread a number of times. Do you not think it may be time to get some help to quit drinking? ... Friends and family who drink are unlikely to understand your issues. They may not share your problems with drink, and they may not wish to change anything. Believing, correctly, that responsibility to not drink is yours and yours alone. There is plenty of help out there and I wish you much luck.

Not being funny, Greg but I was just thinking the same thing as SADnomore. Have you ever considered getting help with the drinking? It really is not a good combination with your meds. I appreciate it's a nuisance though, having to live perhaps how you wouldn't normally. Take Care Greg

So Greg, if it is mild addiction to something that temporarily makes you feel good it is understandable. All it did was put your neurotransmitters to sleep for a while and put undue stress on your medication. But I bet you feel bad. Drink isn't a problem with me which is good since a hobby of mine is making wine from scratch.

Volume seems to be the key here, Greg.

Remember us discussing about how your meds work? Your trazadone is known to increase the effects of alcohol so you may get really really hammered and its bound to make your liver suffer the next day until it clears it out (good call on the water!)

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...=167882&page=4

I think you've proved before that in moderation it doesn't effect you but having a lot is a bigger issue. Whether this is due to the interaction with the trazadone or the fact a bad hangover makes you react worse, as it does me, is unclear and I think only you will know that from how your anxiety normally works.

I don't drink but only because I need to make sure I am recovered enough to handle the hangovers because my anxiety symptoms include some of those sensations and my mind will focus on them and make it worse.

Get some rest and see how you feel the next day mate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information