Thread: Please help chronic chronic constipation

Exclamation Please help chronic chronic constipation

I posted a few weeks ago, but no one was able to reply. I'm trying again, as I am getting seriously worried now.

It's now been over two months since I've had a proper "poo." I have been to the doctor, been prescribed all the usual things, and despite 8 sachets of Laxido, the problem has not got any better. I can sometimes go to the loo with laxatives, but the result is not very satisfactory.

I have very little pain, I have done two home tests to check for blood, and they both showed there was no blood in my poo. My stomach is a bit gurgly and also swollen. I'm now booked into the surgery for blood tests, including one for celiac disease. Earlier this week I had a nasty, peculiar rash across my chest looked at by the surgery nurse. I thought it was shingles as I've had it before but it was not. I have since read it might be a symptom of celiac disease.

I just can't believe I can be feeling so OK! I can exercise, have a good appetite, but I keep thinking there has to be something seriously wrong. I have had constipation all my life, never ever had a regular pattern of going to the loo, but this is the longest ever I have not "gone" properly. Had two operation to rectify fissures, so clearly I am just one of those people who don't have happy bowels.

I have recently stopped taking 40mg Citalopram. I am very, very stressed right now with some very serious problems to deal with. I am hoping this might be stress related.

Any reassurance/input would be SO appreciated. Please someone reply.

Thank you so much xxx

Re: Please help chronic chronic constipation

Two glasses of warm water one right after the other is supposed to work, Does colase (docaset sodium) work. It is for medication related constipation, usually opiate painkillers.

The two glasses of warm water is supposed to load your large intestine with water faster than your kidneys can remove it. Not cold, that shocks your stomach and it will retain it. Not tea or coffee, they are diuretics and will make your kidneys work harder.

Thank you Davit. Tried the warm water last night but no joy. I had some blood tests today - full blood count, kidney, liver, calcium, for celiac. Feel extremely depressed about this now.

Has anyone suffered for this long? My health anxiety is worse than ever, and of course I am fearing the worst about this. But, I feel fine in myself, and my stomach is not badly distended or painful. Just a bit bigger than normal and no more windy than usual. Lots of energy at the moment, eating fine, but I do feel down.

Dear Frozen

My advice would be see your GP and them to listen to your bowel they will be able to tell if it is being particularly sluggish. I was recommended Epsom salt not the one you bath in there is one you can mix up with water and drink. It's advised you see a GP before you drink it in case you have a bowel blockage.

I know how it feels to be constipated I was for months and only managed to go to the loo and pass something they call over flow. I would strongly recommend going back to your doctor. How long were you taking the laxido for?

The only time I have been that plugged I was taking a calcium channel blocker for blood pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenwithfear View Post
    I posted a few weeks ago, but no one was able to reply. I'm trying again, as I am getting seriously worried now.

It's now been over two months since I've had a proper "poo." I have been to the doctor, been prescribed all the usual things, and despite 8 sachets of Laxido, the problem has not got any better. I can sometimes go to the loo with laxatives, but the result is not very satisfactory.

I have very little pain, I have done two home tests to check for blood, and they both showed there was no blood in my poo. My stomach is a bit gurgly and also swollen. I'm now booked into the surgery for blood tests, including one for celiac disease. Earlier this week I had a nasty, peculiar rash across my chest looked at by the surgery nurse. I thought it was shingles as I've had it before but it was not. I have since read it might be a symptom of celiac disease.

I just can't believe I can be feeling so OK! I can exercise, have a good appetite, but I keep thinking there has to be something seriously wrong. I have had constipation all my life, never ever had a regular pattern of going to the loo, but this is the longest ever I have not "gone" properly. Had two operation to rectify fissures, so clearly I am just one of those people who don't have happy bowels.

I have recently stopped taking 40mg Citalopram. I am very, very stressed right now with some very serious problems to deal with. I am hoping this might be stress related.

Any reassurance/input would be SO appreciated. Please someone reply.

Thank you so much xxx
    Sorry to hear that.I do have constipation problems as well and have tried all sorts of stool stimulants. I decided as of today to change my diet radically, enroll in a local gym, and try incorporating flaxseeds in my diet

I have been doing plenty of research on flaxseeds and I hear it really helps in regulating bowel movements.

think positive

---------- Post added at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:08 ----------

To be precise, GROUND FLAXSEED

Thread Information