Thread: Yearly testicular examination

Yearly testicular examination

Sorry for another post.

As you know I have posted in the past about my worry about testicular cancer and had a few examinations, even though I do check my testicles (I called them my air bags, bagpipes) regularly maybe a little bit too much, do it too hard which will make them hurt

Both of my testicles feel smooth, the same size, weight, no lumps etc.

I do worry about this type of cancer with the other cancers (even though I have tried not to read many stories about this type of cancer now in the old favourite of mine daily mail, it just the age range) I know there other conditions like blue ball, infections, cysts etc. No family history of this type of cancer Dad, Uncles?, my Dad has said he does not know how to do an examination in the past.

I think it is sensible to always get myself check out and my parents know this is the reason I am going to the GPs but do get worry about a GP checking them as I have not met this GP before as he is a new one at the practice hopefully he will not think I am a hypo which the amount of times I have been to the GP in the last couple of years.

I worry so much about cancer, even though I have done much better this year about my health anxiety. it just the last week I been worried about cancee more. I don't know any body who has had testicular cancer and nobody close to me (not sure what my Dad's mother died off in 2000 never got told.

When i thought I had bowel cancer with the abdominal pain, back pain with googling, not had this for a long time. I just worry more again.
    Last edited by unsure_about_this; 20-04-15 at 19:20.

Re: Yearly testicular examination

Everything is fine (but still worry he missed something) should really believe/trust GP now.

I been told only to check them once every two-four weeks so I could tell the different as I could miss changes doing it more checking them too much is not good.

He is pleased that I came in. I feel a lot calmer for now,
    Last edited by unsure_about_this; 21-04-15 at 22:22.

Re: Yearly testicular examination

Hey Guys, Ive had a tiny hard lump on my right testicle for probably like 9 months now. Im not sure if its gotten any bigger cause im not that great a judge of size. Anyway its probably like the size of a dot by your average ball point pen, tiny. If ive had it for this long and haven't started feeling bad then should i be worried or is it just something else. when i say this things hard its almost like a small metal ball. Cheers guys
    oh and im 17 about to turn 18

Thread Information