Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anxious while exercising?

I think as anxious folk we are so very aware of any change in the rate our hearts beat at, or the pace at which we breathe that we pounce on it straightaway and wonder is it alright!!

Best way to deal with this one is to try regularly to get yourself slightly out of breath by doing a little exercise and then it will become 'ordinary' and no longer scary!!

I bought myself a little trampette/rebounder and when I first got it I would barely even stand on it [:I]. Nowadays I jog on it to music for 15 mins 5 days a week and now I don't even bother taking my pulse or staring at myself for signs of impending doom, plus my jeans fit better

If you haven't exercised for a long time start very gently - even a small walk round the block (if you can) adds up!!

Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Good tip about getting a bit out of breath regularly so it becomes familar - also i'm trying to think about the fact that exercise actually regulates your breathing rather than the opposite!

cheers for the advice, Rufus x

hi guys not sure if this will help you

but i was advised by a doctor to be careful when excercising and not to over do it as it produced extra adreline, which is one of the main factors to anxiety and panic attacks

they suggested more cardiovasculor exercises, ie:_ walking swimming, and toi build your self up to a comfortable pace. e says lift weights and doing a full on work out is not such a good idea untill your ax levels drop.

hope this elps and sorry about my bad spelling

hope this helps.

" for God did not give me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, a spirit of love self discipline, sound mind and body, peace strength and good health"

I was also wondering whether our normal(at rest) heart rate is low or high dictates whether exercise feels good or not. I have a low rest heart rate (varies from 48-55 or max 58). In the morning after 1 hr from exercise, it goes to 60, then keeps reduecing and much later it goes to 48.....

asdf

Stick with it and opt for the aerobic stuff. You may still get edgy and panic (I did) but over time it will get better.

This is a link to a similar topic which details my experience.

Exercise and panic attacks

Cheers,
    Trev

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information