Thread: appendicitis fear

appendicitis fear

for the last few days ive been getting this mild pain-feels like stretched muscle just to the left of my right hip bone...i got really scared thinking its appendicitis, but after googling the symptoms...(i know i should nt google) but the symptoms dont really seem to match what im feeling...
    its a dull pain that comes and goes....its really starting to worry me now, and i just wanted ask if anyone else has had this before i head back to my doc ....again!...
    ive just started doing situps in the last 2 weeks, but i dont think this is related...im trying to stay calm, and hold off anxiety attack or worse, full blown panic attack...
    please, if you can, some advise...

Hi Peach,

I get a lot of muscle pain all over my body. When I mentioned the hip bone pain to my doctor he told me it was sciatica as I have bad back pain also. Does the pain go down into your right leg? Also with you doing sit-ups you could have maybe pulled a muscle. Hope this helps. xxx

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

Hello Peach :-

I don't think there's anything wrong in looking up the symptoms of fairly common conditions. If, however, a panic disorder sufferer starts studying very esoteric diseases with vague symptoms then they could worry themselves sick! but then again that is what hyponchondriacs do, whether or not they have panic disorder.

Most major acute illnesses like appendicitis are NOT vague. The pain may begin as a slight pain but it usually progresses to intense pain which may then be relieved if the appendix ruptures. The pain begins around the navel area and moves to the lower right side of the body.

Appendicitis causes the abdomen to be extremely tender when you (gently) push down on it.... where a muscle or tendon injury is generally going to hurt more when you move.

Hope this helps!

hi peach, it doesnt sound like appendicitis - i googled it not so long ago as i was wondering if i had it (i added it to my long long list of illnesses i could possibly have), but the symptoms first of all are pain around your belly button, which then moves over to the right hand side, like thriver said.

i know that i get psychosomatic pains. Both times i have been to see my doctor to get my coil checked, i have had pains lasting a few weeks before my appointment, and i managed to convince myself i had some horrible gynae illness that i would find out about at the doctors. As soon as i'd finished my appoinment the pains went away. Well, i am not saying yours is psychological, but it is possible, it is surprising for me how real these pains have felt. You may well have pulled a muscle or something like that. I'm sure it is nothing serious, everyone gets aches and pains at some time or other.

mag

thanx everyone!

goodness how i love this place!!!!!

Read my posts i have this problem loads!!!

Thread Information