Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pregabalin with Sertraline?

Pregabalin with Sertraline?

I have been on Pregab for a while now (again) 2x150mg daily, but apart from feeling like its a bit too much for me, I have been putting on weight for no reason, and have also been feeling quite down and low, so had a chat with the doctor today (45 minutes) and we decided to drop down to 2x75mg daily and to add 50mg of Sertraline.

I just wonder what to expect from this, the drop in Pregab will be ok for me as I have dropped before with no bad experience, but not sure what happens when the AD is added into the mix.

I am hoping its a good thing?

Re: Pregabalin with Sertraline?

I think this could be a good mix. I was on sertraline right before I started pregabalin and it was going well for me but the dry mouth got really bad for me and caused sores in my mouth. I think this was due to the fact I was on roaccutane in the past which tends to give me long terms dry skin and mouth. I would love to be on both sertraline and pregabalin. I think it is Defo worth a shot. Best of luck!

I haven't tried sertraline, but I take pregabalin and mirtazapine, and find the combination of pregabalin plus an AD works well for me. Good luck with pregabalin plus sertraline, and as others have posted, it may need a few weeks to work.

Thanks for the replies I have woken feeling very dry and a bit spacey, but not to bad at the minute which is good. I think its a good combo so fingers crossed it will perk me up a bit. One thing I had noticed on just pregabalin was that I was feeling quite depressed, so not sure if thats one of its effects.

I certainly feel like I have taken something else today as I take the sertraline at night so definitely feel different, but not a bad different so here's hoping

Interesting what you were saying about feeling depressed I recently came off pregabalin and found myself sinking into depression couldn't get a doctors appointment for two weeks so started up the pregabalin again which lifted it !! ?? :-/

Its funny how these meds affect us all so differently isnt it, id love to know how and why that happens. I feel perkier today, but not quite me, its all good so far though so I wont complain

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza123 View Post
    Its funny how these meds affect us all so differently isnt it, id love to know how and why that happens.
    So would the medical community

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I was on Sertraline/Pregabalin combo for a few years until Sert stopped working. Felt depression was creeping back and I increased to 150mg. However, I found it mild side effect-wise with only a transient increase in anxiety and night sweats, which passed after a couple of weeks. I'm on Venlafaxine now which seems to control depression much better, albeit with more side effects than Sert.

Hope that helps.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    So would the medical community
    It can only be chemicals in the brain that make a difference I assume, what do you think Terry?

Not feeling too bad today, been in the garden all day doing stuff so now I have achey back, I am certainly focusing a lot more. I usually drift around looking at what I have and whats happening, but today it was planting time and thats all I did, no wandering off.

KK - I can't say I really get side effects from Sertraline, I obviously don't feel myself on them, maybe a bit more aware, but nothing bad so far...

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

I take pregabalin and Citalopram which works well for me

sarah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information