Thread: Constant nausea

Constant nausea

Hi, does anyone else get the constant nausea with their anxiety? Sometimes in the morning I'm dry reaching before I even leave the house. I'm on lexapro but have only been on a higher dosage for 2 weeks. Was doing really well but have had a flare up caused by a relationship breakup. Any responses would be great. I'm feeling a bit desperate at the moment.
    Thanks. Leah.

Re: Constant nausea

I've always got constant nausea too from anxiety which is a nightmare because I have a terrible fear of puking so as soon as I get the tiniest hint of nausea, my panics flare up. Its like a never ending cycle.

I get nausea when I'm nervous or on edge, if I eat or don't eat. Its like you can't win with it.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Re: Constant nausea

Yes, and because I'm also emetophobic, I easily get locked into panic -> nausea -> panic. Often my anxiety appears for no apparent reason, no associated thoughts, just the first thing I notice are physical signs - heart racing, dry mouth and nausea. (And a couple of courses of CBT & a lot of reflection have failed to identify anything psychological causing this. What CBT did help was being able to identify where to nip the anxiety in the bud, and work on doing that.)

My GP prescribed me an anti-emetic (Prochlorperazine 5mg) several years ago, as I also have vestibular migraines which make me feel sick. I keep a strip on me at all times, and if I start to feel sick can take one. They have made the difference between living a pretty normal life and being completely housebound. I also work on physically relaxing my body to reduce that horrible tightness that makes everything worse.

It might be worth discussing this possibility, if you think it would help.

Thread Information