Thread: Free Mindfulness Resources & More

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Free Mindfulness Resources & More

Quote Originally Posted by Nat2015 View Post
    This is the crucial element for me in relation to mindfulness. I've noticed that when I feel a little better overall and less afraid, my mindfulness is less attentive. That's how I ended up with a relapse over Christmas. Lesson learnt lol I now try and practice mindfulness as often as possible for the day now no matter what I am doing.
    Same here, Nat. I stopped my practice as I was in a much better place and was suffering a lot of fatigue which made meditation less appealing to me. The result was a decline in mental health with the older behaviours coming back, increased daily anxiety and even some rituals, bit by bit. Because of the fatigue I started to perform Mindfulness outside of meditation to get my practice started again but I found without returning fully to meditation it wasn't going to be enough for me as I needed those reflection times to reaffirm my practice.

I find that I can decide to shift my focus to an object and drink it in. Its a richer experience than just looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davit View Post
    So I wonder if I do this without conscious thought. I never think about thinking positive, I just do it. It is my life now. That is probably the key to my continued recovery, it takes a negative thought to open those closed doors. They are staying closed.
    Yes, I think you do quite a lot of it. You look at things with either a positive outlook or you view them neutrally. Mindfulness is all about this and its also about appreciating what you are experiencing as well as using all your senses to examine it more consciously. If you can say you do that, then you have found your way of doing it. It is then likely that you will gain from learning Mindfulness itself as it will fill in any gaps and you will take it further on your own.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 20-05-15 at 07:48.

Thread Information