Thread: Hi peeps

Hi peeps

Hi,

New to the forum. I used NMP 2 years ago when I had a severe breakdown that resulted in constant panic that segued into depression. I found it very useful to talk with someone but I didn't join the forum at the time.

I've always been a worrier & my mood would shift from low to hyper quite easily but a few years ago I was run down & very unhappy with my job situation which led to me completely falling apart. I was given Sertraline & Propanalol by my GP. I was very ill & it took a few months before anything really started to help. I ended up on the Sertraline at 100mg up until about 6 months ago when I reduced to 50 & then to 25. I stopped using the propanalol quote quickly because I found it made me nauseous & over tired when combined with Sert.

I've been quite evened out on the 25mg of Sertraline daily but my doc has been trying to get me to come off it which I've tried to do but fear the withdrawal so badly.

In the last month I've had an insanely busy period in my life & last week my job situation changed. I'm working in a job I've always wanted but I fear the changes & stress have flared up my anxiety again. For the last 2 days I've had that hideous & overwhelming impending doom, racing heart feeling & I cannot shift it. I've not had this since my Sert evened out & I'm at a loss to what will stop it. Should I increase my Sert? Try taking the Propanolol again even though I don't like the side effects? My distraction techniques only work for so long but don't help when it comes to needing to sleep & I'm terrified of slipping into a depressive state again when I've a new job to deal with.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Cake_Dealer and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi peeps

Thanks venusbluejeans for the welcome

Thread Information