Thread: Clarithromycin... Anxious !

Clarithromycin... Anxious !

So for nearly 3 weeks been ill on and off kept getting really sore throat then it would clear for a few days then start hurting again, feeling really drained with painful legs (bizarre?) then a few days ago developed a horrible cold.. On top of sore throat crap. Went to doctors today didn't really understand her an she didn't actually tell me if I had a infection or anything just mumbled about if viruses go on for so long sometimes they need antibiotics but not all the time.. Then gave me them anyway. So I took first one about 2 hrs ago clarithromycin they are called. Now I feel breathless an weird and my hearts beating funny I'm scared. I read up on a forum before I took them an a lot of people who wrote on it seemed to have had funny turns on them !! X

Re: Clarithromycin... Anxious !

It can be two things, Anxiety because they are foreign to your body. or a reaction. The first is annoying is all. Dizzy, tired and nausea. But if your face, tongue or lips swell quit taking them, that is a reaction.

Re: Clarithromycin... Anxious !

I have a reaction to penicillin, so I always ask my doc for Clarithromycin. Ive used it about 7 times in the past, including just recently for a sinus infection. Ive tried both low and high dose. I have a severe medication phobia due to my health anxiety, but I can say personally, Ive never had any side effects at all from them. It takes about 20 to 40 mins to ingest a tablet. If you have had no reaction in that time, I would say its a pretty safe guess that it wont cause anything to happen. If after 2 hours its making you breathless, i would say it sounds likely it could be due to medication anxiety rather than the medication itself x

Thread Information