Hi,

Had the Merina coil placed at the beginning of March, had the 6 week check up to check threads in place and the nurse couldn't find the coil. I was referred to the hospital for a scan and they told me that it was there but not in the right place and embedded in my uterus. I went back to my Doctors following the scan as was told needed another form of contraception in the meantime as the coil may not be working. I have now been referred to the Gynachology department of the hospital and to be honest I'm really anxious.

With my health anxiety when it reaches a peak, normally when it's something medical, I faint, I can't bare it and it leaves me feeling horrendous. It seems that anything medical tips me over the edge, I can feel my face getting hotter and hotter and my heart is pounding, I try breathing etc but the medical environments make it impossible and the 'flight' sensation is overwhelming.

I had the coil put in years ago and there was no problem what so ever, this time I initially went to the Doctors and fainted as the pain was unbearable and that was before it was put in so I left it and told her not to continue, I ended up getting pregnant the following year and miscarried which was a relief as I was going for a termination. The mini pill disagreed with me and I had a period 3 times a month and eventually went back to my GP to enquire about the coil again, she referred me to the hospital this time, I went along and it was still painful but I feel the medical surroundings over whelmed me and I fainted, they let me go as soon as I had come around and ny partner picked me up and I kept fainting all the way home, it took me 3 hours to recover and now this!!!!

As you can imagine I'm terrified really and know I will faint, I think the procedure will be under general so I've that to contend with aswell. God I wish I could overcome this, has anyone else been through the same or similar that can possibly put my mind at ease?? Thanks