Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fluoxetine Running Buddy

Fluoxetine Running Buddy

Hi everybody,

This is my second time on an AD - last time i was given 20mg of Citalipram for about eight months after my Dad died and lost my job. They helped with the depression but did not shift the bad headaches i was getting.

Anyway, to cut the story short my wife has suffered from severe depression lately - from continuing eating disorder, loosing a baby and PND following the birth of our son. I had to knuckle down and look after her and in doing so neglected my own wellbeing. Now she is on the mend my symptoms came flooding back with a vengeance.

Fortunately, i finally know what was causing my headaches after a productive visit to ENT clinic - chronic migranes caused by stress/anxiety - and was pescribed Flu 20mg to address the root cause by my GP.

So Day 6 for me and feeling pretty awful - heightened panic, anxiety, no appetite, stomach cramps - basically the norm from what i have read.

So i was wondering if anybody wants to be my online Flu running mate? Lots of support and encouragement so we can get through the tough days?

The more the merrier

Re: Fluoxetine Running Buddy

Day 7

Shaky start, woke up twice during the night and was wide awake at 6am.

Stomach pains, anxiety, freezing cold but sweating feet ooh, and interesting symptom - it feels like a spider is dancing on my scalp, tingling sensation is mildly annoying.

Looking after my eighteen month old son was a struggle yesterday but got through it...kids tv is surprisingly theraputic

Hopefully a good day coming soon.

hello im nearly on week 4. having the same side effects as you. i also have diazepan but im trying not to take that unless im desperate. my husband works nights so I tend to take it then. only 2mg so its enough to calm me but I have a 2 year old so darent take anything stronger when its just us 2. I am much better than when I started and its supposed to take 6 weeks so lets hope we get feeling the results soon!

Hi Atki,

Gee, i was hoping the side effects would lessen by week 2.

You are much closer to the magic six week mark than me, let me know how it feels when you get there.

I def will. you will probably be fine. mine is getting seroxat out of my system. yuck!

Day 8

7 hours sleep, took tablet at 1pm - was nodding off by 4

Still anxious but headaches, blurry vision and dizzyness are what im experiencing today.

Day 9

Sensing a pattern emerging.

Wake up with heightened anxiety and stomach cramps, blurred vision and very dizzy when walking around the house.

Seems to get worse as the day progresses.

Im trying to move the time i take tablet later by half hour ea h day. Hopefully i'll sleep through the worst of the side effects.

Feeling tired of being anxious, need a break from it.

im forgetting what its like to wake up feeling 'normal'!

Day 10

Not a bad day yesterday, some bright spots - managed to avoid falling asleep through the day and got some fresh air in the garden which was nice.

Morning panic seems to have subsided a little upon waking up but feeling a bit rubbish as i write this.

Instead of wanting the day to end so i can crawl back into bed its become more of an uphill struggle...i can make it through but have to push myself constantly which is exhausting.

Roll on tomorrow

yep. I think thats it. take it literally day by day

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information