Thread: Nothing's been working

Nothing's been working

Hello!

Had depression about 18 months diagnosed now, I'm aged 20. Not feeling good lately. I've been on both citalopram and sertraline and neither have done anything, been to counselling and mindfulness and they haven't worked either. I came off citalopram because it basically didn't do anything and sertraline made me high as a kite so my doctor panicked.

Does anyone have any suggestions? :(

Re: Nothing's been working

Hi Droppet - there are other antidepressants out there, it can be a case of finding the right one for you. I too tried counselling and at the time I think it suited me as I got a lot of things off my chest at the time, but not sure it would be so good for me at the moment, I'm also not so convinced by mindfulness - but I know others who have incorporated it into their life and flourished as a result.

Have you tried CBT?

What about mirtazapine? It worked very well for the depression but not for the anxiety which was my main worry so i came off it. It also helped me sleep which was key to me at the time.
    Hope you find something that suits you.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by wareing77 View Post
    What about mirtazapine? It worked very well for the depression but not for the anxiety which was my main worry so i came off it. It also helped me sleep which was key to me at the time.
    Hope you find something that suits you.

Nick
    Hello! Thanks for your reply. My doctor suggested mirtazapine but I had a massive problem with the sertraline sedating me and sertraline isn't supposed to, and I'm aware mirtazapine makes people really drowsy so I'd rather not!

Ye sertraline doesn't make me drowsy but it does for some i believ. mirtazapine never really made me drowsy, id take it just as i went to bed then sleep through the night. Something i havent done since being on sertraline :-( i did find i was a bit foggy the next day but only at the beginning and if i needed to get up in the night i wasnt spaced out or anything.
    Maybe worth a try.

Thread Information