Thread: Success stories?

Success stories?

I was just wondering if anyone has any success stories. I'm feeling much better today. But I would love to know if anyone actually kicked these awful intrusive thoughts?? Do they ever completely go away or is it just something I will have to learn to live with? Someone please reply!!!!!!!😁

Re: Success stories?

Honestly mine did go away for a long time. I might have a random thought here or there but I refused to play into it. I had a couple short relapses that sucked but they didn't stick for too long. I'm having the worst relapse ever now tho and I am struggling big time. I don't understand why it flares up :(

I guess it's just underlying stress? I don't know. My OCD came out of nowhere to the point I was convinced I was a pedophile or a murderer. I don't know this really really really sucks.

I have been there before. It does get better it's just so hard to ride it out sometimes. It's such a struggle and all because we give it so much power.

I've got rid of most of mine now. The ones I do have don't bother me anymore.

I am aware that they have conducted studies about intrusive thoughts and found that all people experience them, they are not completely connected to anxiety or OCD. Its just that they don't notice them.

So, my advice is not to think you have to get rid of them totally and I've read before that this can be counterproductive as you are searching for something you cannot achieve. You can however change your reaction to them and your subconscious can learn too which will result in it building new neural pathways so that the old ones are no longer "fired". This is known as neuroplasticity and its accepted science. Its how we learn in general.

I know when I have mine now, they are not accompanied by feelings of anxiety. Then because I don't react to them anxiously, they just pass through.

---------- Post added at 05:10 ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 ----------

Found the study:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...usive+thoughts

Thread Information