Thread: "female problem"

"female problem"

I'm having an embarrassing "issue" and I wondering/hoping some advice.
    I've been on my period and wear pads, I think I've finished now so I've taken my pad off, but I'm in a lot of pain down there. Its really sore, dry and itchy. When I go to the toilet it hurts and hurts to wipe it.
    I'm in the middle of moving house, we have family here and the nearest pharmacy is 2 miles away, I don't drive and have no one to take me as everyone is busy, and in too embarrassed to ask any way. I have asked my husband but we won't take me yet.
    Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to sooth it? I think I have some vaceline in a box upstairs, is that safe to put on it?
    I'm desperate to relieve the pain, I can't walk or sit comfortably.

Re: "female problem"

Have you tried Lanacane or even Canesten which is for thrush? I only say this because you say it is itchy. You can put Savlon down there I think or Sudacrem would be a barrier cream to stop the urine irritating it. I am sure Vaseline would be okay because women used to use it for lubrication before the days of KY jelly. I guess in the long run you should probably see your doctor but hope this helps.

Re: "female problem"

Thank you so much. We do have Sudacrem in the baby's room so I'll try that when everyones finished unpacking in there. Hopefully I can get to the pharmacy before it shuts and speak to a female pharmacist

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Phew, I've managed to get to a pharmacist, he's given caniston duo, but doesn't think its thrush, it might help the itching though. He says I need to see my doctor, and that I should ring 111 and see if I can get advice from out of hours doctor. Our house is full of people though so I'm not sure I can find the privacy to do that :-(

Thread Information