Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: loneliness and anxiety

hello stimpy

good to meet you for the 1st time and thanks for your message and your story. i liked your story esp the bit where you meet penpal and then love penpal sounds romantic. but yes relocationg must have been hard and taken a lot of bravery on your part.

well i try not to dwell on loneliness but sometimes it just seems to overtake me and take away all myself confidence. i really dont want it to go on indefinatley tho.

take care oshun

Oshun

I am so pleased to hear that you are getting out and doing stuff.

When I was at my worst with panic I used to live alone and it was a killer cos I would go home and there wouldn't be anyone to give me a cuddle or tell me it would be alright. I just cried all the time and never really went out much.

I actually like being alone and I loved living alone but NOT when I had the panic!

Hope things pick up for you soon.

Nicola

Hi Oshun

I have started going into the chat room now, although I still find it difficult to talk in there and mostly just watch the conversation.

Maybe I will see you in there some time.

Take care.

Briary

Love Star Wars, don't mind the others. Am bit of a TV sci fi fan rather than film... Star Trek, Babylon 5 that sort of thing.

Hi Oshun

I can completely understand where you are coming from. One thing that is really getting me down at the moment is that im on my own.

I know i have my daughter Sam and i love her to bits, but once she has gone to bed its down to me again. I let her stay up later to compensate for the fact i am on my own and know at times i shouldnt but easier said that done.

I have some great friends but they are all in relationships or married. I kept away from relationships at first because of how my marriage ended then i opted out again because who could cope with my anxiety, but i really miss the closeness and support and wonder if i will ever find it.

Love Sal xxxxx

i suppsoe i sort of get very angry about things cos i feel there is a lot of life in me and before i alwasy liked soicalising and now i feel the real me is being squashed..if that makes any sense

Thats good that you're angry about it as you will persue overcoming this more vigourously.

Egyptology - always lots of exhibitions and discussions to visit and watch.

What sort of job have you applied for ?

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

What sort of job have you applied for ?

hi meg, the voluntary job i applied for was at an art gallery but i havent heard anything yet. when i did phone them they said they had had many applicants. however my priority is finding paid work now, to try and help my financial situation, tho this week havent been up to applying for anything.....will see how things go,

take care oshun

hi nicola,

thanks for your reply. yes what you say is something i can relate too. i live alone and in many ways i really like it, its just as you say, not so good wehn one is feeling anxious/panicky. and it is the really basic things, like human company and especilayy {{hugs}} that seem hardest to do without.

take care oshun

hello sal,

i think its lovely that you have a daughter, how old is she?
    but yes undertsand how it is also lonely for you.
    i sort of always think ( or hope) that if someone is really right for you, then your anxiety would not be a huge issue for them, and if it is , they are not the right one. this is what i have always hoped for myself..maybe i am being too idealistic, well i have not given up and nor should you

take good care, x oshun

Hi again

My anxiety is not a huge issue for my current partner - he "took me on" knowing what I was like and I was very very bad then.

There is someone for everyone out there.

Happy hunting mate.
    x

Nicola

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information