Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depression

Depression

Does anyone have depression on pregabablin? I think I'm becoming quite badly depressed either that or just awful intrusive thoughts. Either way my mood is very low.

Does pregabalin help with depression or is it just anxiety? Don't think my doc will add any other medication with me being pregnant x

Re: Depression

I started feeling very down on it, so dropped to 2x75mg a day, and added Sertraline 50mg. Still a bit up in the air at the minute but definitely feel better.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

I added Citalopram to my regime. But I can't say pregabalin made me low/depressed I think that was a separate issue. Pregabalin is NOT an anti-depressant.

Sarah

Hey avas,

Yes indeed, Preg is not an anti-D in theory; often it seems to help, especially when people are anxious too (quite a common combo!)

Don't think 'depression' is listed as a SE of Preg, though the list i so long and often absurd it wouldn't mean much if it was. I do know for a fact that 'depression' is listed as a side-effect of many/most anti-depressants, which is... interesting.

Albert

I think it's intrusive thoughts rather than bad depression the longer it's going on.

I am definitely becoming depressed over the agrophobia though. I can never leave my house alone so I'm left bored all the time, fed up of my same routine and lots of time to think negative thoughts. X

Hi Avasmummy,

Is there some kind of interest that you can study or research online (and not health anxiety symptoms - NMP posters are black belts at that)?

While you are getting better, the whole world can come to you via the internet.

I am looking at taking up some kind of hobby seen as though I'm
    Constantly at home alone with my daughter doing the same routine day in day out due to the agoraphobia. Definitely need some kind of release!

I have ordered some adult colouring books which are meant to be great for stress and anxiety. Also starting new cbt sessions on Thursday x

Hi Avasmummy,

The colouring-in will be good to relieve anxiety, but is there some interest that you can make your own? Not that I want to push you in any direction, but family history research is something you can do via the internet, and is also something of value that you can pass on to your children. But there are other possibilities ...

Hi AV,

There are also Mindful Art Therapy books some of which use something called Zentangle.

See this thread:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168827

There is a free WikiHow link in there but there is plenty online about different patterns.

Thanks everyone I start cbt again on the 18th so that's good.

Another thing I'll ask do some of you get wierd thoughts that feel like voices but they're voices when you go bed? I had high anxiety last night cause of the election and I went bed layed down and I can remember my thoughts speaking to me it sounded so loud but they were just thoughts. I can't even remember what it said lol. I've heard anxiety can cause this but now my skitzafrenia fear it back lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information