Thread: bedranol sr 80mg fears

bedranol sr 80mg fears

Hi all...I have been taking Bisoprolol for about a year with no problems for high blood pressure but last week Dr changed me to bedranol sr 80mg to help with anxiety and panic attacks....sorry but it's the same old story...I'm too scared to take them but do want to.Does anyone know if they are similar to Bisoprolol in that as I had no problems with them I should be ok with the Bedranol.What scares me is if I have a bad reaction to them, as they are slow release it will be 24hrs for it to wear off.Has anyone tried emptying out half the little beads so taking a smaller dose to try first time.I know this will mean the dose released throughout the day will vary but would still be smaller and so lessen any side effects.....Any advise will be really welcome x

Re: bedranol sr 80mg fears

As far I know it is really not a good idea to split time released capsules - how do you know which beads are coated with what time release coating?

If you're uneasy about taking a long release tablet why not ask your GP for the instant release type then you have a bit more control as this may help your anxiety a little?

I have just seen that you posted over a week go. How did you get on

Hi...I didn't take the Bedranol but went back to the Docs and he gave me instant release propranolol.I took one yesterday and felt quite breathless but reading through the post on here it seems being breathless for a few days is quite common, so today I have only taken half.I am going to try building up the dose that way....I so hope it works...

What dose has your GP given you? I take the instant release (20mg twice a day) and don't really suffer with feeling breathless although they do make me feel lazy lol. When I first started taking them they knocked me out but think that's cause I was used to living off pure adrenaline

Hope they start making a positive difference for you soon

I don't like the slow release kind much either. I like being in control with the 40mg instant release instead. If you make a mistake and accidentally take too little or too much the effects are less severe.

I take propanolol for dizziness caused by high bp and fast heartrate. When you first start taking them they will make you MORE dizzy for a few days which is ironic. But after a few days your body adjusts to it and it will feel normal. I love propanolol, it's literally been a life saver for me. You have to remember that beta blockers are one of the most commonly taken and well researched drugs in the world. Taking it is better for your body than not taking it. The effects of high bp are far more dangerous than low bp. Don't be scared of taking it. It's only dangerous if you have severe asthma or COPD.

Thread Information