Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this the right med for me?

Re: Is this the right med for me?

Hi GoldSounds
    I've been in Pregabalin for about 2 months and I've definitely noticed an impact on my concentration. My mind feels more frantic, but less anxious - if that makes sense? I certainly feel a little more stable since starting it, my anxiety doesn't seem to be creating the same levels of the 'impending sense of doom' type anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Polite View Post
    Hi GoldSounds
    I've been in Pregabalin for about 2 months and I've definitely noticed an impact on my concentration. My mind feels more frantic, but less anxious - if that makes sense? I certainly feel a little more stable since starting it, my anxiety doesn't seem to be creating the same levels of the 'impending sense of doom' type anxiety.
    Thanks for replying Mr Polite. Yeah I think that's it - my mind can't focus on any one thing for long but I'm not freaking out about it. Its just happening. I went to see a play with my partner last week and afterwards I had to ask him several questions about what happened, even though apparently all my questions were explained within the play quite clearly! Though I'm perfectly happy when my mind is wandering, I'm worried its going to effect work and other things. I have a pre-arranged appointment with my doctor tomorrow so will see if he can recommend anything.

Had my dose reduced from 300mg to 225mg so will see how it goes.

Hi Goldsounds,

Hope all is going well.

I just cannot get this meds at all. They just say it's not for anxiety to me and I would have liked to have given it a go.

Which County are you in Karen? It is for anxiety as it is licenced in the British National Formulary (BNF) but Bucks have made a purely financial decision to not prescribe it all at all, even for epilepsy!

There is a generic version available which is 25% cheaper (although there is the ongoing problem of Pfizer still holding the patent for pain, but not GAD).

Quote Originally Posted by hanshan View Post
    There is a generic version available which is 25% cheaper (although there is the ongoing problem of Pfizer still holding the patent for pain, but not GAD).
    They had it blocked in the UK I seem to recall despite the patent expiring so that the generic couldn't be sold overhere. It was a bit of a landmark court case ase and god knows how they allowed them to win that one as it could have all sorts of implications.

I haven't looked since so I'm not sure if anything has changed. Have you heard anything, hanshan?

Hello Terry,

I don't have any specific knowledge about the UK. Once a patent has expired, I can't see the manufacturer able to change things, even through a law case. But if generics are available for one condition, but not for another, I can see the manufacturer doing its best to make it hard for doctors to prescribe generics, even when they are not restricted by patent.

Yer, I am in the UK and have asked so many doctors for this meds now but they say it's not for anxiety at all....yet they have given me a Beta blocker that is off the label for anxiety too. There's no other AD I can try as non of them work or I can't tolerate them. I take Escitalopram at the min but feel rubbish at the mo with anxiety. I think it's as I have come off Lorazepam though but all the time I have been on Ecitalopram have never been able to get off the benzo. They are forcing me off now though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information