Thread: cloudy toilet water after bowel movement.

cloudy toilet water after bowel movement.

I've noticed maybe 3 times over the last couple weeks the water in the toilet will be cloudy looking after I poop. I've been dealing with constipation so the stools aren't diarrhea types. I'm very worried. Is it just mucis? I've been taking metamucil.

Re: cloudy toilet water after bowel movement.

I think this can be quite common with constipation as odd as it sounds. I think it can be due to the fact that if you don't pass stool frequently enough... sorry for too much information but basically it can turn into a liquid especially if there is a slight blockage. Then when you do pass the stool, even though it is a solid and not diarrhea the water maybe cloudy.

Something along those lines anyway, it can also depend on what you have eaten too and or new medication. Do you have IBS?

I would just keep a mental note of it see how long it lasts, everyone should check their stool often anyway for any sudden changes. If it continues and worries you i'd mention it to your doctor.

its not poop color cloudy, just like clear cloudy its weird. And its making me anxious.

Edit. also too know i pooped 3 times today first one was fine, the 2nd one was cloudy the 3rd was fine. so i'm at a loss.

Its likely just mucus, happens to me too after constipation sometime. Kinda gross but as far as I know it's never been anything to worry about.

Thread Information