Thread: Celexa

Celexa

I would really appreciate your advice. I am currently on Celexa and have been for a couple of years on 40mg. my doc changed my meds for a couple of months to lexapro as I started getting increased anxiety but I got bad side effects increased weight gain which isn't good for me as well as hair loss and further anxiety.
    I have been back on Celexa for a few months and my anxiety has got worse. Does anyone have experience of this? The Celexa has made me put on 2 stone which isn't good for my confidence etc. but I am finding it increasingly hard to get out of bed in the morning and am permanently tired and have no zest to do anything.

Re: Celexa

I've been taking Celexa for about 10 years, 80 mgs. but last 2 years dropped to 40 mgs. since my doctor found out increased dosage can cause heart problems. Celexa has been wonderful for me with regards to my anxiety and panic. Recently my depression has come back so I have stopped my Celexa cold turkey. I just wanted to put in a good word for Celexa. It helped so, so much with my anxiety and panic disorder and I do miss it for that. I'll see how far I can go before I'm back on it!

If you're having no drive to do anything then it might be worth thinking about lowering your dose, assuming your anxiety is at a tolerable level now.

If not then consider changing medication?

You are not alone! I was off celexa for close to a year after being on it for close to 4 years and I'm back on it. I'm on day 8 and I am now feeling relieve of side effects, but I do not remember having them this bad when I was on it the first time. I have been working hard to lose weight since I have been off of it and I am not looking forward to gaining it all back now that I am back on celexa.

Thread Information