Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to the drawing board

Back to the drawing board

Well,
    just saw shrink and she wants me of it. Not giving desired effect. All I'm getting is apathy and aggressive behaviour. Said it will only increase if i increase dose. So down to 75 eve only for 2 weeks then Nadal. Another 2 weeks and we review what med no 11 may be. I got a a whole 12 mins to take that on board - NEXT!
    May have to get the wallet out again

Re: Back to the drawing board

Wow that is a disappointing and sudden end to your trial of pregabalin. Did not realise your difficulty but if your are sure it is not helping and is causing anger then perhaps not for you. After saying (on the Pregablin started thread) that I felt calm on pregabalin, yesterday and today I have felt a growing anger and loss of patience with everybody. I have lost my temper on several occasions which is not like me even kicking out at one of my dogs which is not me. The flip side of this is that my nausea is better and dare I say I feel slightly less anxious. Will persevere with Pregablin and will increase to 400mg soon. Sorry that it has not worked out for you. I have read that it is beneficial for low to medium levels of anxiety. I spoke with a GP at length about my condition the other day (I sold my car to him) and he said venaflaxine is the best drug for anxiety. Have you tried this? Love to you all

You could of course do something other than meds.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

So sorry it did not work for you. I must say I felt nothing but "peace and love" for everyone around me. My anxiety was "acute" enough to put me in a psych Unit for 18 days before I was introduced to Pregabalin. I wonder drug for me but obviously it is not for all. Really hope you find something that works...... Mirtazapine is meant to be good.

Sarah

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear that the psychiatrist decided that pregabalin was not for you. She may have something else lined up. Best of luck.

thanks for the replies guys

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

Heres hoping, upto now ive had Citalopram, Sertraline, Mirtazapine, Venlafaxine, clomipramine, Escitalopram, Zyban, Citalopram again and now pregabalin.

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

oh, and it all started in 93' when i agreed to amitryptoline. Wasn’t even depressed just had post viral fatigue from Glandular fever.

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

tbh its the depression thats crushing me

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

no energy, no focus, no drive. so stuck at my desk full of guilt and fear because i cannot get tit together to function as a normal member of the human race

But you will! Maybe take some time off.... You know I have read that you can recover from depression without medication. AD's have not been around that long in the grand scheme of things. Maybe talk therapy would be better for you.

Stay on here for support.

Sarah

Thanks Sarah. Just took 25mg there ad I think dropping from 150 to 50 too mu h for me.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

Think I'll take 50 eve and 25 morn for few more days then 25mg night and 25 morning for 5 days then 25 p for another 5 days

Good idea..... slowly, slowly for all meds is the best idea I think.

Sarah

What is the latest on your illness Paul? I am sticking with pregabalin in the short term but only to help ease my withdrawal from Mirtazapine which is not going well. I have not noticed any benefit for pregabalin apart from helping with sleep. Will post my withdrawal progress on the mirt board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information