Thread: Venlafaxine and mirtazapine

Venlafaxine and mirtazapine

Hello friends looking for some advice. Has anyone been prescribed venlafaxine and mirtazapine together. I am currently on 75mg ven in the morning and 30mg mirtazapine on an evening both for anxiety. I have been on both of these for 17 days and for the last week i have had a constant ringing in my right ear. Has anyone experienced this and has it got better if you stopped the venlafaxine. how long does it take for the ven to fully leave your system. Any information would be appreciated thanks

Re: Venlafaxine and mirtazapine

Yes, I had tinnitus on venlafaxine and still have it. Only audible when its really quiet though. I was on venlafaxine and mirtazapine together too, ven in the morning and mirt for sleep. Talk to your doctor about it before doing anything and you will get some sort of side aeffects on any drug. As for coming off venlafaxine, well, it's one of the hardest things you may ever do esp if you've been on it for multiple years, so it's good you are thinking through whether its the right chemical to be consuming now. Coming off 17days of 75mg will be destabilising but not too much of a challenge as it's effects haven't really bedded in yet. Maybe a couple of weeks of tapering down; 37.5mg every day for a week followed by 37.5mg on alternate days for another week. In theory it should be out your system in a few days but you really don't want to do that as your body won't like it!

Re: Venlafaxine and mirtazapine

Hello breathless. Thanks for the info. I consulted my doctor and have now stopped the venlafaxine. I have been off it now for 6 days so hopefully it will all be out of my system soon. I am still getting the ringing in the ears but had a totally ring free day yesterday. I thought that the ringing was finished but after going to bed at 10pm last night the ringing restarted at 11pm and continued all night and into today but as I sit and write this reply the ringing has somewhat dissipated and it's fairly quiet. Hopefully it was the venlafaxine causing the problem if it still continues I will ask the doc if it's possible to reduce the mirtazapine as well and see if that helps. Are you still on venlafaxine and mirtazapine? How long have you been on it?

Thread Information