Thread: Tight, Bloated abdomen?

Post Tight, Bloated abdomen?

To be honest before I start, I must say that I'm skinny and that everyone thinks im exagerating. Well I've been feeling my abdomen a little bit tight and bloated(the upper part, not the stomach itself, It's like where the intestines are) , specially when I am standing straight, it's curious but I think I sometimes "forget" about it, like a big distraction makes me feel normal, it's not really tight, as a matter of fact when I'm sitting down I feel it really normal.. But ever since I found it I've been feeling this daily!
    I dont know.. I'm scared it may be something serious.. I've been eating normally and there are no other symptoms.
    Please help me guys

Re: Tight, Bloated abdomen?

Hi,

The actual stomach is in the upper half.

Bloating here is very common, stress has been linked to bloating.
    I get it sometimes due to IBS flare ups, or if i don't drink enough water(Sounds strange) but it can do that.
    Also if i've eaten a lot of gluten, bread ect.

It can also be trapped wind in the area. Your anxiety will be making what ever it is worse, but this sounds like harmless bloating.
    Try rubbing the area and light stretches, drink water and try to relax. How long has it been like this and is there any pain?

Like a week I think (but like I said, with distraction I feel that the tightness/bloating completely dissapears!), and there is no pain at all! As a matter of fact my parents saw my abdomen and said it didn't even look bloated at all.. So I don't know if I'm freaking out for nothing or not

I think you are, not to sound harsh. It sounds like anxiety problems to me. Are you having any therapy or on any medication for anxiety?

I have never even tried therapy, let alone medication
    Closest thing to a therapy I did was meditation but I stopped doing it

I don't know your story so can only speculate due to your post, but you sound very anxious. Understanding the link between anxiety and the physical symptoms is important in helping you to get better. I've copied some useful links below if you have any free time to go through them i would advise it definitely

Symptoms - http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms

Health anxiety - http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/healthanxiety

CBT vs Meds thread - http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168221

CBT - coping skills ect - http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=169137

There's plenty more, but have a read through, it may help you. There's a lot of options for you but the important thing is being pro active in addressing your anxiety issues, the physical symptoms albeit concerning and irritating, are a product of anxiety so they will be there in all there glory until something is done.

By the way i've had Health anxiety for 7-8 years, currently recovering no medication but therapy.

Thread Information