Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monophobia

Re: Monophobia

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
    does anyone here suffer from monophobia ( fear of being alone/left alone ) ?
    ive developed this very badly after suffering severe palpitations in May last year, i suffer from clinical depression, PTSD and agraphobia as well and i REALLY dont need anymore crap in my life right now.
    we've saved some money to enable me to have hypnotherapy to try and help alleviate this problem, we are still homeless after 3 years, will not go back into council housing as we were twice victimised by neighbours and had to leave two houses in succession ( that is the reason for the CD and PTSD ) my disabled partner is trying to get work and cannot go for interviews as long as i am like this.......im just so low about everything.
    im really needing some support and have been to scared to post and ask.......im sorry.
    moon
    x
    as soon as Jon gets work we are going to try and buy a narrowboat to live on, i am hoping to set up a small business as a book illustrator i also do fantasy and faery artwork.......i have some goals to fulfill in my life.....i dont want to waste my time being afraid of being left alone.:(
    Hi Moonstone,
    I eally sympathise with what you are going through.I have had a fear of being alone and it terrifies me.i also have agoraphobia it feels awful,as if i want to have friends but how can i with agoraphobia.I lean on my husband a lot,and he has a hospital stay to go to today and its terrifing me,as i panic so bad when he is not at home. I dont have any friends really as i dont am unable and terrified to go out. This group is so kind and helpful and caring. plese im me whenever you like,i will always try to help you.
    take care love Lindajoy x x x x x x

I am feeling so bad at the moment

Last week i finished with my boyfriend of 2 and a half years as I really wanted to move home (5hours away) to be nearer my family. I've had panic/anxiety for the last 6 months and it's driving me mad. My bloke wouldn't move with me which was sad but I had to be nearer my family as I missed them so much.

At the moment I'm going through such a hard time about being on my own in the future. I'm so worried that my parents are going to die (my dad is 70 and my mum is 63) and I'm only 23. I'm so scared that I'm going to live alone with no friends for the rest of my life. I'm also worried that my anxiety will get so bad that I can't work and I'll end up homeless..

This is tearing me apart. No amount of talking myself through it and telling myself I'm stupid is helping..

I'm at my wits end and it's making me so ill. I can't sleep, eat or do anything!!

Please someone help me!

hi i'm a university student and i'm making a short film about monophobia for one of my projects. ive found it very hard to get some information about this phobia, and i would be very grateful if i could speak to someone who suffers from it and understand it better.

I have monophobia and have had since I was about 6...on and off...sometimes for periods I can cope with it, others I become a child and break down!

I am extremely frustrated and embarassed about this phobia and rarely tell people about it. When I was younger my parents didnt really know how to deal with it and never admitted to it being a problem...they didnt really have to face it, I found my own ways to cope, my friend would walk me to my door where if my sister wasn't in, I was shut my cats in a room with me so that I wasn't alone...if my cats were out I would freak and go knockin on every neighbours door until someone answered and tell them my parents told me to go there and wait for them...trust this is humiliating when your 13 and still doing this!

I'm now 20 and have the most amazing partner who trys to help cope...by speaking on the phone the entire journey from work to home because I can't cope by myself!

I start a new job in september and can't have this phobia...it is the bain of my life and I think about in every plan of the day...constantly I hear my coming up with ridiculous scenarios of when I might be by myself and what could happen if I am!!

I'm not scared that I'l hurt myself or come to any physical harm, it's more a fear that everyone will disappear, I know it's irrational, and I know I am loved but this childish fear just won't go away!

Please...any suggestions...thank you x

Monophobia is often seen as part of the agoraphobic cluster. According to research, there are no particular personality differences between agoraphobics and membersMonophobia is often seen as part of the agoraphobic cluster. According to research, there are no particular personality differences between agoraphobics and members of the general population. of the general population.

I am suffering terribly from monophobia after my husband left me (after 31 years) a few weeks ago. He was threatening to go so I half expected it. I have to find somewhere to go every evening and weekends. It is getting wearing on my family and friends. I didn't know I had it until he actually went. Now am in a constant panic, before I leave work or a friend's house to go home. Am looking into going into sheltered accommodation when the divorce is finalised and the house sold. Although am 55, will have to live with much older people there just so I'm not alone. May get a Paul McKenna tape?

I suffer with monophobia, roughly 2 - 3 years. its linked with my fear of death. my fear is only being alone over night.

If I'm still breathing I know its not worth giving up

love this thread, makes me realise I am not the only one who can't stand being alone, more so at night. x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information