Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anxiety sky high today - Rabies Now!

Re: Anxiety sky high today - Rabies Now!

I'm really glad the GP said that, its another more qualified person telling you thhat therapists behaviour is not on! I'm sure your GP won't be happy about that situation.

You are not the first on here that I have seen have this worry, there was someone in the US a month or so back.

When we have these disorders we often maximise the bad and minimise the good, disqualify positives over negatives, then it becomes a matter of catastrophizing or we emotional reason or generalise. A useful way to deal with this is to get it out of your head and write it down just like you did on here. Did it seem you could work with the thought more once you had wrote it? Thought Records are useful for this because you then write down the evidence for & against.

Sometimes rationalising in our heads doesn't seem to work as well.

This has to be one of the most creative bits of HA I've ever seen on here; top marks for effort!

A mind as creative as yours is clearly wasted on health anxiety. Have you considered becoming a novelist, or a playwrite?

Thanks Serenity, I have to admit I do even surprise myself !! A few people have said I need to find something to occupy my mind and it is very true with me that my HA is at it's worse when I have time on my hands.

I obviously just have a very overactive mind that I should try to keep busy more. As MyNameisTerry said writing the thought is good and does seem to help me get things into perspective more.

The fact that I can write on this board and know no matter how crazy it sounds people on here understand and can in some way relate is also a massive help.

dlou84 thanks for the advice about the crisis team I think I will look into that.

Today I'm feeling more positive, been at work all day though so once again too occupied to be worrying about ninja bats sneeking into my house!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information