Thread: Random Depression

Random Depression

Hello everyone, My name is elle -
    I've Been having a really hard time lately with a case of random depression.
    A few days ago i had a really big panic attack that was also completely out of the blue, it really freaked me out and my heart was broken because i thought my attacks were better! Also when i went out again for the first time after that panic attack - I had Anxiety and it was really hard to deal with. And Now I have this random attack of depression.. I just feel empty and completely not interested in anything, everything is just dull. its Most likely due to my lifestyle aswell.. Let me explain:
    My parents are looking for a new house downtown and just recently i've grown very tired and not interested in where i live and what it has to offer for things to do. I'm a very creative and sensitive person, and where i live is crouded with subburbs and malls! Downtown is very urban and interesting - They're are lots of vintage stores, which i love!
    I have my own jewelry business, where i handmake modern jewelry with vintage beads. Its really awesome and i love it, but the store that i'm selling to has not ordered very much, which makes me believe that its not selling very well. So I have not had much to do here in my house, I don't really like shopping much.. Definitely not a mall person - y'know? I hate crouds and stuffy places! Plus, The place where i live sucks for things to do, and i've already done everything and don't feel like doing the same things again because its a drag.

So for the last couple of days i've been in the house dwelling with nothing to do.

Even small things - like my family making a meal for dinner that i don't like, Really sets me off.

But I'm also taking a medication that has a side effect of depression.. who knows?

This year has been super hard also because my family has been going through lots of changes, that includes a complicated fight between my big sister and my mother. Well, My sister moved out.. She moved out in october but i've only talked to her once for months.

thanks

-Elle

I hope the depression passes soon. I know it's a lot to deal with, and I'm sure the recent PA and anxiety have brought on a lot of it. Plus life and family stresses are never easy.

Best of luck!
    ~Reemy

Aww, honey. I hate when things get tough out of the blue like that. A warning would be nice, huh?

I think I get how you feel about where you live. I'm stuck in this stupid little town that has nothing but hairdressers and fast-food places. Not a bookshop in sight. It's stiffling. I feel like the odd one out in this town. Everyone else my age (19) has babies and are married. If you haven't had kids before the age of 20, you're considered a snob. If you only have one kid, you're also considered a snob. I have to take 40 minute train rides to find the only place in London I can blend in... You'd absolutely love it - vintage clothes shops, market stalls with handmade jewellery and artworks. (Camden Town, for anyone in London).

Have you tried taking a bus or train far away for a day to somewhere you think you'd fit in?

And I'm sorry about the troubles at home. My relationship with my parents is tempestuous at best. Do you have friends, boyfriend, girlfriend, cousins you could talk to? I have a friend who helps take me away from my worries for a little while. He lets me forget my troubles and he'll worry for me a while. Anyone like that for you?

Keep in touch, hon
    ~ xo

<center>How will it end?</center>

I found this page with all the latest news about depression. It has a lot links to the creditable sources like nih, cnn, webmde, latimes ...

http://www.bestmorph.com/cgi-bin/sho.../72-depression

hope it's helpful

it also has the topics of stree and suicide ...:

http://www.bestmorph.com/cgi-bin/show/tags/125-stress
    http://www.bestmorph.com/cgi-bin/sho...1-suicide_risk

Thread Information