Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Films?

Favourite Films?

What's your favourite film/s and what genre do you enjoy?

Action, Adventure, Sci Fi, Horror, Comedy ect

Re: Favourite Films?

My favourite films are-

Gladiator
    Saving Private Ryan
    Any James Bond films (Especially the latest ones)
    Any classic B&W WW2 films including-Dambusters,Reach for the Sky,Mrs Minerva,Went the day well.
    Wild West films including-Fistfull of Dollars, Pale Rider,The quick and the dead,Hang em High.
    Most "Carry On" films (When I'm in the mood for them)
    All the Classic British Horror films made by Hammer, Tigon, Amicus, including-Witchfinder General,Frankenstein, Dracula,Blood on Satans Claw,Wicker Man etc.

In General I'm a big fan of British made films from the 1940's to present day.

I love Gladiator

I like action films, comedy, sci-fi, adventure, creature features mostly but if its a good film, I will like it. I tend to like a lot of the 80-90's films with growing up with them, especially the comedy films as I don't think we see too many good ones thesedays.

Favourite film? Hmm...there's loads really. Sometimes if I watch something in the right mood, it seems to click even if its a b film e.g. I caughy Meet The Spartans once and it just made me laugh (I don't like it when thhey go too far though).

A film that springs to mind is The Shawshank Redemption, I think thats a classic.

The Shawshank Redemption, great film

Quote Originally Posted by Sam123 View Post
    The Shawshank Redemption, great film
    Yeah and a very relevant part in it for us lot too where Red is reading Brooks letter after he was released.

"These walls are fuuny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to them. Enough much time passes, you get so you depend on them".

Does that sound familiar to us lot or what?!

What I don't like is a shorter list. I don't like situation comedy. I guess I don't like stupidity. Ignorance I can understand though. I like period movies. Turn of the century or earlier. I have trouble with first person singular in movies and books.

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 ----------

Repetition breeds familiarity Terry and yes it does sound like us doesn't it.

The Godfather 1 and 2

I like 'Real Stories', if done well. I also like Fantasy and Science Fiction and Comedy; if also done well.
    I used to like Horror, but can't face it anymore.
    I loved the 'Alien' Films and sort of imagined I was Sigourney Weaver.
    I thought 'Avatar' was brilliant when it came out and looking forward to the new one.
    I also like the old Classics like 'To Kill a Mockingbird' and 'It's a Wonderful Life'.
    Loved 'Shawshank Redemption' and 'The Green Mile'.
    I also like watching Films with my Favorite Actors, like; Tom hanks and Robin Williams.
    I don't really like 'Girlie' Films, but 'Bridget Jones' is an exception.

And, I'm with Terry; I also like most of the Films made in the 80's and 90's.

I like many movies... definitely too many to list.

I really enjoy horror films (both older and newer). In addition, I like dramas and thrillers - especially movies where a puzzle or case needs to be solved. Any movie that has to have you really follow along or watch it twice gets my attention.

Some off the top of my head for Horror or Sci-fi

House of 1000 Corpses
    Donnie Darko
    Nightmare Before Christmas
    Zombieland
    28 Days Later
    Dreamcatcher

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information