Thread: Back to square 1...again!

Back to square 1...again!

So lately I feel like I've been doing really well tackling my GAD but from Wednesday onwards I feel like I've been going downhill.

I posted about having an assessment at uni whilst 2 of the girls had suffered v* and d* symptoms which made me extremely anxious (I didn't stop being anxious about this for a few days as I suffer from emetophobia) which meant I was a bit backed up in the BM department. The anxiety went away until I had my first BM in a few days, there was nothing really wrong with it just not the normal shape (TMI sorry!) this automatically got me anxious again. Since then I've had a constipated BM and a slightly softer one now I'm worrying about d*! I was unable to sleep last night and had some mild heartburn. I am having foul smelling gas also.

Does this sound like classic anxiety to everyone or maybe even IBS? I can't seem to tell the difference between anxiety and actually having something wrong.

Re: Back to square 1...again!

Sounds like IBS. I am certainly unpopular with family if I pass wind and anyone is around! Alternating between constipation and loose stools is also classic IBS.

Quote Originally Posted by lyndau63 View Post
    Sounds like IBS. I am certainly unpopular with family if I pass wind and anyone is around! Alternating between constipation and loose stools is also classic IBS.
    Thanks for the reassurance! I have been told by my GP that it's possibly anxiety induced IBS but it never seems to go in and I'd rather be fully diagnosed with it than just being told I 'might' have it.

I'm in the same boat. I've been told by a doctor that it 'could' be ibs but that's about it. I've been told that ibs can't officially be diagnosed until everything else has been ruled out, so now I have an endoscopy next week (which I'm a bit nervous about).

Thread Information