Thread: Brain Tumor MRI Results

Brain Tumor MRI Results

I had an MRI scan on my brain & middle ear on Thursday and was told by the radiologist results would be with my ENT Dr who referred me within 7-10 days today is only 3 days not including the weekend and the doctors office called to discuss my results and said they had an appointment on Friday now im freaking out as the results came so quick and they called me to come in to discuss!

Has anyone else has this?

Re: Brain Tumor MRI Results

I recall having blood tests and was told my results would be available in one week. I had the results two days later, and they were all normal. Some results, for whatever reason, come quicker.

May I ask why you were referred for MRI? Did your ENT actually use the phrase "brain tumour", as that would be an unusual thing to say to a patient even if they did suspect it.

Praps they looked at them straight after the weekend on the monday and the results are there and fine try not to worry x

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I recall having blood tests and was told my results would be available in one week. I had the results two days later, and they were all normal. Some results, for whatever reason, come quicker.

May I ask why you were referred for MRI? Did your ENT actually use the phrase "brain tumour", as that would be an unusual thing to say to a patient even if they did suspect it.

I was referred as my father had a brain tumor and ive been experiencing some leg and arm jerks. Blurred vision, tinnitius and weakness and depth perception issues in my left arm. They were quick to point out they didnt feel it was anything sinister but to put my mind at rest they would send me for a scan.

I am trying to tell myself if anything serious was found id have been sent straight to a neuro rather than an appointment with my ENT

Quote Originally Posted by karlwirral View Post
    I was referred as my father had a brain tumor and ive been experiencing some leg and arm jerks. Blurred vision, tinnitius and weakness and depth perception issues in my left arm. They were quick to point out they didnt feel it was anything sinister but to put my mind at rest they would send me for a scan.

I am trying to tell myself if anything serious was found id have been sent straight to a neuro rather than an appointment with my ENT
    Exactly. Anything serious would be an urgent call in as opposed to how they contacted you regarding it. I'm sure they just got the results in early and that's why

Quote Originally Posted by KayeS View Post
    Exactly. Anything serious would be an urgent call in as opposed to how they contacted you regarding it. I'm sure they just got the results in early and that's why
    Thanks i hope so i can finally start rebuilding my life if this comes back ok

Quote Originally Posted by karlwirral View Post
    Thanks i hope so i can finally start rebuilding my life if this comes back ok
    I went through the same thing. I've also been told by many people that if anything serious had shown up on the scan, they wouldn't have even let you go home after your scan. So I wouldn't worry

Thread Information