Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh, 'ello

Oh, 'ello

Hi,
    I've just come across this forum after looking up information on Citalopram (I lost the info that came with my pack of tablets).
    I don't really know what I might be after coming here, but I know that I've been feeling really really crap recently.
    Thing is, I've been feeling worse during the second week of taking the pills than the first week. I had an episode on the 16th of Jan, which was a few days after I'd started taking them, and it was due to (I'm pretty sure) the fact that all I'd done was wake up at a different time and was having to make what was supposed to be an easy decision. I really didn't want to have to go on pills, but I didn't see any other way of dealing with my panic attacks and depression.
    I've tried just coping with things, and talking about stuff, but I don't know if I now feel better or worse.

Anyone else who has had a similar time of things, please let me know, and if you've found a way of dealing with things.

Thanks

Sluggy

Sluggy

Welcome to the forum... I don't know much about Citalopram but I know a lot of other people take it and have great success - and apparently it does make you feel crap for a few weeks....

(oh and I saw your myspace - The Boosh are love <3)

Hi slugs,

Welcome to this site.
    Ive recently started to overcome my panic attacks.
    I havent taken medication but i did have councelling which was a complete waste of time.
    This site has been a godsend to me. I use rescue remedy which is such a comfort just knowing ive got it even tho i dont always need to use it.
    Im sure youl get loads of help, advice and support from the members of this site

Take care
    LYNN xx

Hi Slugs welcome aboard nmp
    Mazz .

Hi Slugs,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

Hi Slug

Welcome to the site. I like you suffered from bad side affects when i first start taking Citalopram and gave in. But my new GP a few years ago asked me to try them again. I took a small dose and built it up, it wasnt all plain sailing but after about 6 weeks it really did start to help me and all the side affects passed. Hope that helps a bit.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

hi slugs
    welcome to the forum
    take care
    rach x

Hi Slugs

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.
    I take Citalopram also, i understand the side effects can make your anxiety worse for the first couple of weeks, but i would stick with them as the should subside, i always found it easier to take the drug when i went to bed in the evening, that way the side effects have usually gone by morning.

Heres a few links that may help also Sluggy

Cipralex (escitalopram)
    Cipralex/escitalopram
    Is Cipralex not working for me?
    Citalopram/Cipralex & Side Effects
    very sleepy on cipralex
    cipralex 2
    Cipralex (escitalopram)
    Escitalopram/Lexapro/Cipralex and feelings..

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Hi Slugs

How are you feeling today?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

WELCOME SLUGGY

what a lovely name

luv kaz x x x

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information