Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sertraline

Sertraline

Morning everyone just looking for some advice on sertraline. I've been taking it for just over 3 weeks now, I was prescribed 50mg for really bad health anxiety and have been taking 80mg propranolol for about 6 months. For the last week I've been feeling really withdrawn and empty also still getting bad anxiety. The docs said it takes 6 weeks to start working but has anyone else felt like this? Thank you x

Re: Sertraline

Hi Toni
    Yep that sounds about right, I had a week of bad anxiety on week 3, the first 2 weeks I had nausea and shakes. It all does settle down, but does take time maybe 6-8 weeks i would say? Hope this helps. Gav

Thank you for your reply :-) it defently helps to know that's normal xx

Hey Toni - I am 4 and a half weeks in - 3 weeks at 50mg, then the last week and a half at 100mg. Felt ok for the first few days after each dose, then had a decline. Hoping that the decline in mood I've experienced the last few days is just part of the adjustment to the dose

Quote Originally Posted by toni282 View Post
    Morning everyone just looking for some advice on sertraline. I've been taking it for just over 3 weeks now, I was prescribed 50mg for really bad health anxiety and have been taking 80mg propranolol for about 6 months. For the last week I've been feeling really withdrawn and empty also still getting bad anxiety. The docs said it takes 6 weeks to start working but has anyone else felt like this? Thank you x
    yeah it can take time to build up but its is worth the wait ,I have been on sert well for along time ,I can honestly say they were my god send stay with it ,it will get better xx

Thank you for the replies I've just started week 4 and although I'm still panicky (especially in the mornings) I don't feel as emotionally numb. I'm having some good times in the day but I thought I would feel loads better by now. I suppose I just have to give it more time. I just want this nightmare to be over with now and go back to feeling kinda normal. I hate that this has taken over my life xx

Hey Toni - I can relate to you there. I just want to be back to normal too. I'm just under 5 weeks in now I think (although only 11 days at 100mg). I too hoped to be feeling loads better but I think sertraline is a bit of a slower acting medication compared to something like citalopram, which worked very quickly for me when I was on it.

I still feel very indifferent to food, especially earlier in the day. But I did have a couple of hours of brightness last night which was nice! That little blip of brightness gave me some hope

I'm about 10 weeks in and on 75mg now. The last 2weeks have been an improvement and I'm feeling almost normal at times. It just all takes time I'm afraid.

Last night I saw a glimmer - just a glimmer, but it was something!

Yea i had a good couple of hours last night, I don't feel so great today but hopefully it's a start :-) trying to stay possitive but it's hard too sometimes xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information