Thread: To those who have or have had piles

To those who have or have had piles

How often did they bleed and were they painful? Visible?
    I would say I've been bleeding for every 1 out of 5 bowel movements for the past few years but I must add that I spend a lot of my time refraining from going to the toilet from fear of this and end up getting hard stools which hurt. It doesn't bleed a lot, maybe a few drops or some on toilet paper which is usually followed by a stinging for q few hours. Does this sound like piles?
    I know they came on when I had a terrible diet, was sleeping on friends couches and couldn't go to the toilet often because it was a full house and I was embarrassed so one time I held it in so much that it was painful and the bowl www FULL Of blood.
    I also drink (a lot) which I know increases blood loss and thins the blood.

Re: To those who have or have had piles

I've recently had an operation to surgically remove hemmaroids so I know how troublesome and painful they can be.
    It sounds like its piles that you've got from what you describe, but to be sure you really need to get yourself checked out.
    If it is,you need to make sure you don't strain,and eat plenty of fruit and veg to help you stay regular.
    Don't ignore it because it will only get worse,and the op isn't exactly a walk in the park
    as you can imagine.

Sounds like piles to me too. I've had them from my early 20's, so a few more years and we will be having our 20 year anniversary

Its worth your GP having a look. Its just a quick examination and they will want to check for external & internal ones which does mean a very quick finger up that region.

They may give you a prescription to bring them back down a bit. I found the steroid foam to be the best and much easier to apply with a quick couple of squirts up there and it didn't make any mess unlike the suppositories which, to be frank, you can stick up your ar5e

The thought of anything up my bum is scary

Thread Information