Thread: Getting over ALS fear! But now constant twitching in fingers in right hand

Getting over ALS fear! But now constant twitching in fingers in right hand

Hey guys,

I went to a neuro appointment to get checked for carpal tunnel, he did a brief exam in his office. Everything was perfect, so I shouldn't worry right?

He didn't want an EMG ( I was both relieved and disheartened as I thought I could finally get an EMG so that I could just forget about ALS.) But I have decided to reason with myself and believe that IF this was ALS one of the two neuros I have been to would have noticed something worrisome. My fingers in my right hand have been twitching quite a bit and I also have a tremor in this hand. He said he saw it, but was not worried. He said it is likely anxiety. I also told him about the twitching he disregarded it and was not worried as I have no weakness in this hand... although it feels weak sometimes.

I got a diagnosis of carpel tunnel in this hand so I am happy for at least a small answer.

My question is:

Does anyone else get twitching fingers often on one hand? The focal nature of the twitches is what is freaking me out...

Would the neuros see something in the exams if this was something to worry about?

Thank you!

Best,

Lilly
    xx

Re: Getting over ALS fear! But now constant twitching in fingers in right hand

Oh I've had this many many times. My middle finger on my right hand twitched for 10 days non stop last year... I mean REALLY twitched. Visible movement lol

A neuroligical exam will always be carried out first off to see if there's any need for further testing. If your neuroligical examination was normal, there really is no need to take it further.

You're fine, neuroligists know what they're looking for.

Yeah my left hand twitches a lot, mostly my pinky and the side of my palm below pinky. My husband's left hand also twitches a lot and each time he twitches he shows it to me and say "see, everyone twitches, you got nothing to worry about" .

Quote Originally Posted by KayeS View Post
    Oh I've had this many many times. My middle finger on my right hand twitched for 10 days non stop last year... I mean REALLY twitched. Visible movement lol

KayeS - I know EXACTLY what you mean... this is what my fingers have been doing on my right hand on and off ... but mostly ON for a few days... it is terrifying me. My thumb will move visibly, my middle finger will move visibly. UGHH... but I have to trust the neuros, they both saw nothing wrong... so I must believe them... I hope its anxiety... its freaky as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly13 View Post
    KayeS - I know EXACTLY what you mean... this is what my fingers have been doing on my right hand on and off ... but mostly ON for a few days... it is terrifying me. My thumb will move visibly, my middle finger will move visibly. UGHH... but I have to trust the neuros, they both saw nothing wrong... so I must believe them... I hope its anxiety... its freaky as hell.
    It is just anxiety, trust me. Without fail I get finger twitches when I'm anxious, and sometimes even when I'm not! I had an index finger twitch just yesterday actually. I just look at it and laugh to myself now lol

Thread Information