Thread: Spouse with GAD irritable

Spouse with GAD irritable

My spouse has GAD and does not wish to see a therapist any longer stating he is 'fine'. However he regularly flies off the handles at small disagreements and is very hard to live with recently. He also projects his flying off the handle to me.

He will tell me to calm down when he is very tense and I actually had not done or said anything outrageous but just disagreed with him for a moment.

I feel extremely lonely and I am very tired of playing compromiser and having to tip toe over certain subjects and things.

I am considering a period of evaluation of us unfortunately... this is a very sad feeling.

Has anyone gone through something like this ? Did you stay or leave the relationship?

Re: Spouse with GAD irritable

Without going into detail, I do know what that feels like. It really isn't nice.
    I'm someone who will always try to talk things through before getting into conflict. And when you are up against a situation where your efforts are futile or turned against you, you can have no where else to turn.

I think you need to stay calm, continue to communicate, stand your ground, express that you love him (if you do) and tell him if he won't listen to you then you'd like for you two to go to couples counselling like Relate.
    Say you are suggesting this because you care about the situation.

I think the only way to move forward in a situation like that is with the help of a neutral person who's opinion both have to trust.

If that doesn't happen you just end up reinforcing the other persons bullshit.
    You become like their emotional punch bag.

"I am just interested in getting along. Why not give it a try ?"
    Try that maybe

Relate have dropped their prices recently. I think you can pay what you can afford if money is an issue.

Thread Information