Thread: Need Breast Biopsy and Breast MRI terrified please help!!!

Need Breast Biopsy and Breast MRI terrified please help!!!

Had my mammogram and ultrasound today. I thought I only had one lump, they found 4 lumps in total all in my left breast.
    I was a mess, crying and shaking at the hospital.
    She said they don't look worrisome. They look benign. But she wants to biopsy the largest one and do a MRI on my left breast. She said nodules, tissue, we call them fibroadenomas. I will send a report off to your Doctor today she said. I will be having the biopsy end of this week or beginning of next week.
    Please help me. Why does she want to do a biopsy and an MRI? Why? When she said they look benign. Is she not sure? I feel weak, like throwing up. I;m shaking, I have no appetite, I'm crying all of the time. Has anyone else had this done? Please anyone ... I'm 41 years old.

Re: Need Breast Biopsy and Breast MRI terrified please help!!!

So first off, ::!

Secondly, anytime they find a solid lump (not fluid filled) they usually biopsy it just to be sure there's nothing going on in there that they can't see. They can see through the liquid-filled ones on ultrasound but not the solid ones. There are TONS of solid type lumps it can be that are NOT cancer!

They are just double-checking to be safe.

She wouldn't have said it's not worrisome if she didn't believe it. Another member here was just diagnosed with bc and I probably shouldn't speak for her, but from her posts the doctor told her right away it was highly likely to be bc. I'd be nervous too, of course, but try to remember the positive things the doctor said.

It sounds like it's just a precaution, it's understandable that you're worried. It's not a nice thing to have to go through but you've been Amazingly brave and hope it all gets sorted out quickly for you!

Thanks for your replies.
    I have been falling apart. Not eating and crying. I went to my family Doctor for the report off the Doctor who did the Mammogram and Ultrasound. First thing he said to me was, "It all looks good. They're all benign." I said why do I need a breast MRI and a biopsy then, is the Doctor not sure. He said they biopsy them to be 100% sure, and he doesn't know why she's bothering with the MRI. He said Breast MRI are quite a new thing, and they pick up really tiny things. My Breast MRI is tomorrow morning. I'm not sure if they are doing the biopsy at the same time or on a different day. I can't get all these bad thoughts and images out of my head! They are constant, they never stop! I keep on thinking the MRI is going to pick up something the Mammo and U/S did not, because MRI are really sensitive. And what if the biopsy of the lump which she said was a Fibroadenoma is cancerous? I fell apart and had a panic attack when I went for my mammo and U/S last week. How am I going to get through the MRI and biopsy without panicking. I do not want sedating for them.
    When I left my family Doctor's he said to me. Your'e working yourself up over nothing. So far so good. So far so good I'm thinking, so it still has the possibility of turning bad then? What do you think? Why extra tests. The Doctor doing the Ultrasound said they are not cysts, they are nodules or tissue. The big one is what we call a Fibroadenoma. I have 4 lumps in my left breast by the way. She said they don't look worrisome they look benign. Why a biopsy then and a MRI?
    I really can't lose it tomorrow morning. I think the Doctors and Nurses think I'm crazy the way I'm handling this all. Has anyone got any advice or been through what I'm going through?

They are doing their job as medical professionals and doing other tests to be certain. This should make you feel secure that they have your best interests at heart.

My gastro wants me to have a colonoscopy just to be sure, doesn't mean he thinks something is definitely wrong. He is being a good doctor and taking care of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ink123 View Post
    Thanks for your replies.
    I have been falling apart. Not eating and crying. I went to my family Doctor for the report off the Doctor who did the Mammogram and Ultrasound. First thing he said to me was, "It all looks good. They're all benign." I said why do I need a breast MRI and a biopsy then, is the Doctor not sure. He said they biopsy them to be 100% sure, and he doesn't know why she's bothering with the MRI. He said Breast MRI are quite a new thing, and they pick up really tiny things. My Breast MRI is tomorrow morning. I'm not sure if they are doing the biopsy at the same time or on a different day. I can't get all these bad thoughts and images out of my head! They are constant, they never stop! I keep on thinking the MRI is going to pick up something the Mammo and U/S did not, because MRI are really sensitive. And what if the biopsy of the lump which she said was a Fibroadenoma is cancerous? I fell apart and had a panic attack when I went for my mammo and U/S last week. How am I going to get through the MRI and biopsy without panicking. I do not want sedating for them.
    When I left my family Doctor's he said to me. Your'e working yourself up over nothing. So far so good. So far so good I'm thinking, so it still has the possibility of turning bad then? What do you think? Why extra tests. The Doctor doing the Ultrasound said they are not cysts, they are nodules or tissue. The big one is what we call a Fibroadenoma. I have 4 lumps in my left breast by the way. She said they don't look worrisome they look benign. Why a biopsy then and a MRI?
    I really can't lose it tomorrow morning. I think the Doctors and Nurses think I'm crazy the way I'm handling this all. Has anyone got any advice or been through what I'm going through?
    I wanted to know what you found out? You should know the results by now I'm thinking. Did you do ok during your MRI? Thinking of you

Thread Information