Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling Hopeless and alone, again...

Re: Feeling Hopeless and alone, again...

Hiya Lilly,

I'm sorry you're still fearful of ALS. As you know, twitching starts after atrophy and weakness and is localised.

Your hand feels uncoordinated simply because you're focusing on it- I promise

I get twitching, too. At the moment, if I do anything that involves closing/clenching or gripping with my right hand, my fingers start to twitch and spasm when I straighten my hand out. Weird! So, you're not alone in having weird symptoms like that.

I know that won't help you too much but you need to do your best to believe the neuro.

Take care

Hi Trueman,

That is very interesting mine happened about a month following my colonscopy. Did you have stomach issues before your coloncoscopy? I wish my doctor would put more effort into finding an answer to why this is happening but.. I guess if it isn't ruining my life they aren't going to waste their time.

Hey Emily,

I am trying allot harder to feel better lately... its like everyday is a new symptom though. Lately I have been having trouble breathing- it feels like my neck is tight? I'm assuming it is anxiety as it is off and on, and I can still breathe and swallow. Have you had this?

Weird about your hand, twitching is so weird.. mine was always happening to my right hand, now it seems to have dissipated a little... for now.. haha

xx

Thank you for all of your replies, you have helped me feel better

Right well my minds made up! Twitching after colonoscopy! It's the sedation used? I had the gas and then decided for sedation as it was too painful ha ha but I swear they overdosed the sedation or the two don't work together well. No twitching issues until maybe 4-5days after this.. Did you get gas as well as sedation?

Yes I was having various issues (no bleeding) just cramping nausea and swings roundabouts with stool. So could have been a virus beforehand?

Hi Trueman ( ps. a good name- great movie- if that is what you referencing.)
    I have no clue... I just had some drug administered through a intravenous which made me dopey- out of it.. haha, vegetable like. It wasn't a bad procedure was happy to hear I didn't have colon cancer- I HAD BLOOD in my stools so that was my last fatal health anxiety phase. haha

I had colitus, and horrible diarhea, constipation, stomach pain - the colitis was viral cause it hasn't come back says my gastro...

hmmmmmmmmm i wonder if this is connected.

I had a very similar thing going on and also thought: OMG, ALS! But then it went on its own. Actually, ALS is quite a rare thing, but now with all the media attention we've got some more food for ol'health anx.

Hi Majdle,

I actually never looked into the ice bucket challenge- serves me right I guess.. now I am learning lots because of stupid twitching haha! All I had to do was google twitching and up popped ALS! ugh. What is your twitching story?

See my twitching has never gone since the colonoscopy. Better days but never goes. So I believe it is seperate to the HA and obviously diagnosed by the tests.

But it's never got worse either! So it's just there all the time.

I do believe my muscle spasms are pains are caused by it a little - surely your muscles get s bit fed up of pinging like pong ball all the time..

I have a finger twitch lol. It screws up so many of my games. That is about the only time I notice it. I have an advantage though since I'm old these things are normal. You know there are a hundred forms of arthritis. Some are soft tissue. I'd look there first. It can hit any age.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information